Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the sidemarkers in Japan alternate with the turn signal on the front bumper? Or do they come on the same time the turn signal come on? I was wondering cause I see a few people who have it alternate. One of them said that it's like that in Japan. If so, then how the hell do you wire it to do that?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I believe they alternate flashes.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
it just depends on which lights you hook it up to..if you hook them up to the bumper lights then they will flash when they do..if you hook it up to the corner lenses..then it will flash when those do...it jsut depends on where you wire them to

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so they alternate with the turn signal in Japan? Cause I just realized that I have 2 bulbs in my corner lenses that alternate.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
it is dependent on which one it is hooked up to. It is usally hooked up to the bulb thats on the outer-most area of the turn signal, that way it alternates from the one facing forward.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I am quite sure that the Japanese cars' blink on & off at the same time as the indicator does inside the headlight. I have side repeaters (Australian spec have them) & they flash/blink on & off at the same time as they do inside the headlight (I just checked my car out for you). I have never seen any car here in Australia in which the indicator inside the headlight/at the front of the car, blinks alternatively to the side repeater. I would say that it would be a wiring glitch. All my indicators flash on & off at the same time (front, back & side).

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
a lot of it depends on how many indicators you have..I know on my hatch...my corner signales alternate with my bumper signals..I dont remember which ones my rear blink with but it doesnt matter much for this topic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts