Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several long years, I got the urge to play this game again out of nowhere, but I dont think its possible. Its only made for win 95. Anyone know how I could possibly play this game on windows xp?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
A while back I found a thing online that lets you play windows 95/98 games on windows XP and Vista. It was like an emulator or something, but it would allow the game to install, and be played. I'll see if I can't find it again for ya.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Find the .exe for the game in the install dir. Right click on it, then choose properties, then click the compatibility tab at the top, then check the box for "run this program in compatibility mode for:" then pick win95 (which is the default).

Then try and run the game.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
that or just play one of the newer versions and enjoy the better graphics and new features
Nothing is more fun than demolishing poorly animated buildings and seeing small pixels run for their lives when you decided it was a brilliant choice to put the city on an active volcano that was also a breeding ground for aliens... I was the best mayor ever in SimCity 2000. I instated new programs like making the school buses longer so that the kids would get smarter, and building the largest freeway that ran into the middle of the desert, and the longest bridge ever with the most confusing structure piling placements that made the bridge go in a zig-zag pattern because graphics forbid I make a diagonal bridge...

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
both games are awesome.

And do what negrodamus said, thats how to make it work. I play both on my XP box from time to time

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Maybe this topic is very old but I want to say that you can play most old games (DOS games) with DosBox. Google the keyword "DosBox" (freeware), download and install it. It'll adjust your PC speed and settings inside a DOS emulator to help you play those games. I've used it with Sim games like SC2000.
i'm feeling nice today so i'm not perma banning you. so please take the advertisement out of your sig. you have 24 hrs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.