Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does OBD II or 2.5 have any effect at all when your Supercharging? if all else were equal, would a 99 gsr and a 94 be making approximately the same power?

..and also.. has there been any updates to as when endyn plans on releasing their kit??!! It seems like it's been 5 years since they were first hyping up their kit.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
b18cya.. thanks for answering my question, so I guess it doesn't make a difference.

What else do you have on your car? On the JR website.. they listed a GSR with headers, exhaust, etc. at 6psi at 208 hp, of course that's probably at maximum tuning by Jackson. I thought tuning wasn't as big of a deal on a SC as other FI, and I would assume an 8psi kit would be pushing at least 225 to the wheels.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Tuning is a big deal to any modified car.

Endyn will never release their kit, do they even have a kit anymore? They might still be modifying stuff for the JRSC kit though.

I think the only difference in OBD1 and OBD2 cars is just the OBD thing. The JRSC kit should be doing the same to both versions.

· Registered
147 Posts
sak said:
Tuning is a big deal to any modified car.

Endyn will never release their kit, do they even have a kit anymore? They might still be modifying stuff for the JRSC kit though.

I think the only difference in OBD1 and OBD2 cars is just the OBD thing. The JRSC kit should be doing the same to both versions.
OBD-1 and OBD-2 SC cars make the same hp. I did a dyno test to see if the OBD-1 or the OBD-2 is better. nither both the same. So I kept it OBD-1. I don't have a SC yet...but I'm looking
as Far I as know Endyn only makes changes like taking the M62 blower and making it fit the M45 manifolds for the B18B's...hehehe bigger blower on a B18B.

· Registered
147 Posts
That's true...but I was more intrested in the bigger blower part...

· Registered
17 Posts
ImportFan said:
b18cya.. thanks for answering my question, so I guess it doesn't make a difference.

What else do you have on your car? On the JR website.. they listed a GSR with headers, exhaust, etc. at 6psi at 208 hp, of course that's probably at maximum tuning by Jackson. I thought tuning wasn't as big of a deal on a SC as other FI, and I would assume an 8psi kit would be pushing at least 225 to the wheels.
I have the Vortech SC non-aftercooled GSR system on my car. The only other mod I have is a DC 4-2-1 header left over from when I was NA. I am putting down 218.5 HP to the wheels at @7lbs of boost with little tuning, just the 8:1 static FMU from Vortech.

· Registered
102 Posts
Endyn's SC is still going to come out, in fact it will be released this year for all but H and Z engines, ours will be next year. Endyn also does more than JRSC Modifications, you should check out their web site www.theoldone.com.

· Banned
251 Posts
Why can't this forum make the word Endyn look like ***** as if it were another site or something. I think TOO is a big BSer, and needs to be forgotten. He was only good at talking, like that guy at the track that talks all the smack, but runs a nasty time, then blames it on a bad clutch, or tranny or something. He is always there, but he never has the goods, and always able to BS his way out. I think he has caused more harm than good. Lets let sleeping dogs lie...

· Registered
53 Posts
GrooveMaster said:
Why can't this forum make the word Endyn look like ***** as if it were another site or something. I think TOO is a big BSer, and needs to be forgotten. He was only good at talking, like that guy at the track that talks all the smack, but runs a nasty time, then blames it on a bad clutch, or tranny or something. He is always there, but he never has the goods, and always able to BS his way out. I think he has caused more harm than good. Lets let sleeping dogs lie...
I agree, before this site went down, about 90% of what I heard about him was negative!!

· Registered
241 Posts
Do you have to change the SI's OBD II to the OBD I to use the JR boost upgrade to its full potential?

who the hell is TOO? :megar:

· Registered
241 Posts
oh i get it, its an acronym....the old one...muhahaha :megam:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.