Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went ahead got one of those after market car warranties for my 1995 Del Sol -s while I still could. Several people here in PA, got warranty from the same company and are satisfied with service. No guys this time I did not get scammed again like with other stuff before, my uncle actually uses and have used this warranty before. lol. I have certain things I need to do on my end to keep the warranty valid, one of those obligations is adding additives sent by the company to lower engine and transmission heat and build up.
Can anyone please tell me where the hell is my transmission Dip Stick or is it considered "sealed transmission"? I can not find the freaking transmission Dipstick? (Just got the car exactly 12-30-08 but I can't be that blind or dumb? Scrap that, sometimes I can be so!)
The contract says "exept from installing transmission additive in case of a sealed transmission" so in that case I won't have to add the additive but other wise I would have to as part of obligation to the contract on my end.

So is it a sealed transmission with no way to add the freakin additive without taking the tranny apart or is there a Dipstick to the tranny, if so where is it? HELP!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. NO it wasn't cleaned/steamed...it's been like that since I got it. I think the radiator hose got wet cuz before that I just washed the car and opened up the hood without drying it at the car wash. BUT really need the info on the transmission Dipstick!

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[I have a 1993 honda del sol SI automatic. If you are standing in front of the car facing the engine, it's located to the left of the engine. Stick your head in on the pasanger side of the car and look down towards the back of the transmission, you should see a yellow dipstick.] - From the link above @ wikianswers.

Well I will try this first thing tomorrow morning. But thank you though atleast even it if doesn't work you tried. BUT anyone else if you have other ideas or comment...feel free to shoot it my way. For the lack of motivation to go downstairs and then outside right now I will try this tomorrow morning.

· Registered
478 Posts
On these their info is correct the dipstick is right on top of the Tanny and should be yellow. It may be the bit of orange that we see just to the left of your coolant hoses in the picture. Ditch the warranty, if they weren't charging you more than it costs on average to maintain the car they wouldn't be making a profit. And besides they are likely to try to deny any major claims based on aftermarket modifications if there's a .001% chance that they contributed to the problem. Also the ONLY thing that you should be putting into a Honda automatic transmission is Honda ATF.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I will keep you posted what happens.

· Registered
478 Posts
Find the dipstick yet?

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BLIND TO THE OBVIOUS

Find the dipstick yet?
LOL..no I think the transmission is sealed, but I only see one dipstick for the engine oil. Unless it's there just missing the dipstick. Shit like that would happen to me!

· Registered
10,346 Posts
AUTO stand facing your engine from the passenger fender. Look at the intake pipe, look under it, small yellow dipstick, its kinda tough to get out, it has several rubber ibs to prevent anything getting in there

MANUAL, turn KEY on not car, turn wheel all the way to the right, take key out, walk to pass wheel and look about 3 inches above and a few to the right of the driveshaft. You will seee two ractchet bolts, one is drain, one is fill. YOu need like a syringe or something to fill from the side. Ive found it easier to remove the reverse swicth, its mounted on the tranny next to where your O2 sensor plugs in. You got it right if you see the 2 wires from it.

Hope this helps ya.

· Registered
478 Posts
I was just about to ask and make sure that his tranny was an automatic. Don't use anything but the actual fill hole on the tranny if you have a manual though since its a fill till it overflows type deal (car LEVEL). The fill and drain plugs on the manual are 3/8" btw. If you have an automatic post a picture looking satraight down on the transmision and we'll try to give you some better directions. (honda did not make any "sealed" transmissions for the Del sol)

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I don't think you should put anything in a car's transmission to fulfill an insurance ordeal. That's rediculous and possibly damaging. I don't know of a liquid that automatically causes cooling just because. :confused I'd just tell them you did it and pass on it. How they gonna check?

"THIS TRANSMISSION FLUID DOESN"T TASTE RIGHT!!!! YOU DIDN"T PUT THE ADDITIVE IN!!!! ARGGGGGHHH!!!!"

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I was just about to ask and make sure that his tranny was an automatic. Don't use anything but the actual fill hole on the tranny if you have a manual though since its a fill till it overflows type deal (car LEVEL). The fill and drain plugs on the manual are 3/8" btw. If you have an automatic post a picture looking satraight down on the transmision and we'll try to give you some better directions. (honda did not make any "sealed" transmissions for the Del sol)
ID forgotten that thanks. Yeah if you fill from the reverse hoel, be sure to unscrew the filler bolt,. its located right above the drain bolt. Have the car level and fill til it starts to come out.

· Registered
478 Posts
I don't think you should put anything in a car's transmission to fulfill an insurance ordeal. That's rediculous and possibly damaging. I don't know of a liquid that automatically causes cooling just because. :confused I'd just tell them you did it and pass on it. How they gonna check?

"THIS TRANSMISSION FLUID DOESN"T TASTE RIGHT!!!! YOU DIDN"T PUT THE ADDITIVE IN!!!! ARGGGGGHHH!!!!"
Its easy enough to have a sample sent in for analysis and have it checked but I still wouldn't put it in. Tell them to take a hike and take your own money elsewhere or better yet, just keep it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.