Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a D15B7 engine and it is leaking oil. I'm always adding oil in between oil changes. I'm not sure where it is leaking.
I also recently changed the radiator and I noticed that I'm losing coolant from the resevoir slowly.
I think the rear main seal on the crank is old and is leaking oil. And, I think there is a leak in the head gasket so that coolant is entering a cylinder and getting burned.

Anyways, I don't have the money for a swap or a remanufactured engine so I am think I can do a rebuild without mods for cheap. I don't know what special tools are needed. I have your basic metric sockets and wrenches to do general car maintenance stuff.
I don't want to add any modifications because I want to keep the car reliable. I'd like to bore the cylinders up to first oversize to go with larger pistons and piston rings. I don't know how much more power 0.1 liters will bring but I figure with a rebuild, I'll feel more power without an overbore just because lost compression would go away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.