Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Been a long time since I updated this thread...

Got some new wheels...

And some new rubbers...

I also got some Izzy's Hardtop Brackets..this are great quality.

Made a bracket for my Brake Proportioning Valve and my Throttle Cable...

I was going to start making headers...but figured turbo manifolds would have a much better end result.

The huge intercoller = 31x11x4

and my baby turbo = Preision 6766 Ball Bearing

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Haven't touched this car in over a year. I switched chassis's and went back to messing with Rx7's. Was in the middle of an lsx swap on that car but I've decides to switch directions. It's either getting a stock f20c or j32a2 swapped. Still unsure which way I want to go.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Why did I ditch the s2000? Because I wasn't happy with my $10000 car and $20000 in parts.

Why did I stop my ls1 swap in the rx7 and want to switch to a motor with half the power and a third the torque? Because I miss the smooth shifts and fun I had with the stock s2000. And my last ls1 rx7 shifted like a truck and killed the tires in 4th gear. Was really hard to control the power while having fun around a corner.

I've realized keeping it simple can be the most fun. 2500 pounds with driver sounds like fun with 200whp from a stock f20c. I figure a stroker kit and some itb's will make the car a real blast to drive. Especially when using the smoothest 6 speed available and getting to hear the vtec hit.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Rx7 is the car I'm messing with. Weighed 2700 with rotary, I've added a lot of lightweight items and removed some metal. Still a street car with full interior. I've actually decided to switch paths and go to a k24. Just bought an s2000 trans, still on the hunt for a good k24a2.

For now I'm most likely going to go cheap, modified f20c header and intake manifold.

I'm money permits I'll go with the skunk2 ultra series intake and a ballade header.

Next year I'll either go 2.6 stroker and high compression, aim for 350whp...or spend a lot less and go turbo. Either way, I don't need more than 400whp for my goals. All motor might be more expensive for less power, but I would at least have a fresh motor vs a stock motor with a turbo. I guess I need to start hanging out on here more now. Maybe ill get a build thread going once my first piece of the Honda power plant shows up.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.