Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a d16 motor with a 65 single nozzle wet shot in it right now (ngk 2 step colder plugs, walbro 255 pump, AEM FPR, and I just got uberdata working, not tuned yet)
I am finishing up my motor hopefully this month was getting ready to squeeze. It’s a B18A resleeved to 2.0 84.5mm (eagle rods, wiseco pistons, acl bearings, gst water and oil pump). The head is a B18B head (3 angle, crower 404s, spring/retainer kit, cometic head gasket)
My calculated compression ratio is about 11:1. If I want to stay at my current 65 shot, do u think I need to upgrade to a direct port, or should the single nozzle be OK.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I think ill be OK cuz a GSR has I think 10.4 compression and ive seen people run single wet kits on them.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
It should be OK. I think that an NOS direct port kit jetted as low as possible is an 80hp shot min. It sounds like a strong combination, just don't go too crazy with direct port with that compression. USDM GSR has 10:1 CR, JDM is 10.4:1. A few cats here in Wichita used to run direct port on stock motors (mostly GS-R's) back when I started racing in the late 90's, my first ride in a nitrous car was in one of these cars. These guys used to run a 100 shot on stock motors and they lasted quite a while, altho they let go eventually.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Your motor will easily handle a 65hp single nozzle wet system. With a built motor I don't know why you would only want to spray a 65hp shot though. With a built motor you could run a 100hp direct port setup and it will be very reliable, not to mention be a lot safer because of the equal distribution of the DP setup. I use to run a 100hp direct port setup on a stock ITR motor a few years ago before I decided to supercharge it and then eventually sell it. I never had any problems. But either way will work. I would recommend staying below 75hp with a single fogger system though. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
doc VTEC said:
It should be OK. I think that an NOS direct port kit jetted as low as possible is an 80hp shot min. It sounds like a strong combination, just don't go too crazy with direct port with that compression. USDM GSR has 10:1 CR, JDM is 10.4:1. A few cats here in Wichita used to run direct port on stock motors (mostly GS-R's) back when I started racing in the late 90's, my first ride in a nitrous car was in one of these cars. These guys used to run a 100 shot on stock motors and they lasted quite a while, altho they let go eventually.
uhm nitrous goes hand in hand with high compression. hot rodders are running 16:1 CR with 150 + shot. nitrous gains increase exponentially with compression.

·
Registered
314 Posts
bonestock94 said:
uhm nitrous goes hand in hand with high compression. hot rodders are running 16:1 CR with 150 + shot. nitrous gains increase exponentially with compression.
That is very ture. Nitrous loves compression!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts