Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about swaping a b16a from a jdm sir gen 1 into my 89 crx si. Ive been searching on how to do the swap but i cant figure out if i can use the axles from the SIR in the swap or if i have to get ones custom made. Someone please help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
90-93 integra axles 90% sure, someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
417 Posts
dafro42 said:
i am thinking about swaping a b16a from a jdm sir gen 1 into my 89 crx si. Ive been searching on how to do the swap but i cant figure out if i can use the axles from the SIR in the swap or if i have to get ones custom made. Someone please help.
if you are buying from Hmotorsonline, you have 2 options - you can buy the motor, tranny and ECU for $1250 or you can buy the complete changeover for $1499 - the only thing usable with the complete changeover, that doesn't also come with the motor, tranny and ECU, are the axles and intermediate shaft - the axles that come with it will fit with the engine installed in your Si - in my opinion, buying a complete changeover is not the way to go - essentially, you are paying $249 for a pair of used axles, that in a lot of cases aren't any good anyway, and the intermediate shaft - you are better off getting the motor, tranny and ECU and getting the intermediate shaft from a junk yard 90-93 Integra and also getting new 90-93 Integra axles from Autozone or wherever - the stock mounts and shift linkage that come with the complete changeover are not usable for the swap

·
Registered
417 Posts
9CRX1 said:
If you get the SiR I complete change over from Hmotors, the shift linkage will work because they pull the swaps out of CRX SiRs=same chasis with a b-series.
not true - the chassis for the JDM SiR is not the same as the JDM Si or USDM - using aftermarket mounts, like Hasport, in USDM cars positions the engine slightly different than in the JDM car in order to clear things in the chassis, requiring the use of different (slightly shorter) shift linkage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.