Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was her last semester to boost her gpa before she was placed on academic probation from school. it's her 3rd semester of her college life. Last semester she had two Fs which she pretty much flunked.

i was there to make sure she did her work and finish her projects on time. i guess i wasn't there for her enough. she took 4 classes and she got 4 Fs. out of 12 classes she took her entire college carreer she has 8 Fs.

she was a B student in 9th grade. Then 10th grade it went down here with all her fucking friends. she graduated high school with a 1.98gpa(2.0 is required but a freaking counselor helped her). i been trying to make her get her act together but she don't give a shit.

i tried all i freaking can. i'm so fucking tired of this shit. i don't know what to do now. i've spent so much money on her schooling. money i freaking need. i dunno what to do but give up. it's been 5 years and still no improvement

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It seems you care about your sister and keep continue to do so that's fam.

As far as your issue goes I feel it seems your sister is in a different mind set and she hasn't matured enough to take college seriously. My advice is to tell her to stop taken college course, and with the time she'll talk off hopefully she can realize what she wants to do in her life, and find out she was just losing time, by realizing she needs to be in college in order to succeed in life

Don't spend no more money on her, be there emotionally first and then after everything is said and done be there financially.

·
Registered
413 Posts
prophet is right....if she doesnt want to go to school anymore dont make her...some people just arent book smart and would be better doing something else than going to college...see if there is anything she wants to do...if she doesnt want to go to school and you put more pressure on her to go than shes not gonna want to go to school even more because of you. let her make her own decisions...and let her know that there are consequences if she isnt making the right decisions...

My older brother was just an average student in high school and he graduated with a 2.0-2.5 or somethin and my parents put hella pressure on him to graduate from college so he went...he went to community college for like 3 years and still didnt finish his classes to transfer...so he ended up quitting...he goes going to some kind of auto class called wyotech now and he seems to be much more happy that he is going to wyotech...he actually goes to class everyday because he likes it...he pretty much wasted 3 years at community college because of the pressure of my parents wanting him to gradute from a university with a degree...

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
dump her out on the streets in the real world. She find out fast that it isn't all that great.....and working at burger king won't pay the bills.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I say you do what prophet said....stop helping her pay for college...and give her a feel for the real world. i mean, im a fresh in college right now, and my second semester starts on the 31st..but it's been goin good. She needs to understand that she's legal now, and you don't have to support her if you don't want to.

i say..when she gathers enough money to actually pay for college herself...then help her out financially with books at first...then go on from there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts