Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 civic hatch back. Right now my suspention set up is just eibach springs, stock struts, and a front strut bar. the car is very low and i like that look. but i have some problems. I just put 15" rims with 205/50/15 tires, and now they rub like crazy. it is impossible to have 3 people in the car. Most of my problem is the struts being so crapy. So i was going to switch my struts to kyb AGX's. But even then i think the car will be to low, and the tires will still rub. so i was thinking about not only doing the kyb's but also doing skunk 2 coil overs with them. just so i can get the car right where i want it and where it will not rub. But that set up is around $500.. So i was now thinking about just spending another 100 and get omni power coil overs. But i wanted to hear peoples thoughts on this. Do you guys think it is really worth getting a full coil over set??? or just stick with the ajustable struts and ajustable coils..
Thanks

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
omniman (the guy that started omnipower) used to work at skunk, so i dont see why his coilovers should be much different than thiers ...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'd go with ground controls and kyb agx over omnipower. you can adjust stiffness and height while on the omnis, it just height adjustable. I think GC's are cheaper than s2's also. However, you can buy omni coilover sleeves which are the exact same design as skunks for like 1/2 the price. Omni sleeves and kybs would be similar to skunk and kyb.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
well, i personally would rather have a different setup. tein coilover system would be my choice of poison, or perhaps the mugen 5-ways. also theres the h&r coilover setup which is very impressive as well... eh, my choice would actually probably be h&r's for the excellent preceding reputation and quality to price ratio...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well trust me i would buy full coil overs if i had the money. Omni power coil overs are the cheapest and don't seem to bad. But all the others companies are alot more expensive... but if i had my choice i would get teins... I like them alot. But i just don't have the money right now. So i think i am just gona get KYB's and keep my eibach springs. And if they still rub then ill move on to some kind of ajustable coil sleeve. I think my problem is right now that my struts are just moving to much and are making the tires rub. well i guess no more driving my car till i get the money to get struts. But i would still like to hear peoples opions on this subject.

·
Registered
624 Posts
mulletov said:
I'd go with ground controls and kyb agx over omnipower. you can adjust stiffness and height while on the omnis, it just height adjustable. I think GC's are cheaper than s2's also. However, you can buy omni coilover sleeves which are the exact same design as skunks for like 1/2 the price. Omni sleeves and kybs would be similar to skunk and kyb.
Omni full coil-overs don't adjust like sleeves. They don't even have sleeves. The shock body itself is threaded. The mounting point at the bottom of the shock can be adjusted up and down to adjust ride height while the spring perch effects only spring preload (stiffness). The Omni shocks also have benifits:
We incorporated large 46mm pistons along with 20mm shafts which we found far superior to typical smaller piston/shaft coilovers. By using large 46mm pistons we were able to greatly reduce the stroke length, while still moving the same amount of fluid, resulting in unprecedented efficiency.
You won't get any bounce happening there.

I ordered a set of Omnipower coil-overs a couple days ago. I haven't got them yet, but when I get them and get them installed, I'll let you know what I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.