Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im gonna be buying a ported and polished head with a skunk2 cam installed is this a good cam i havent got the part number from the cam yet but will try and get it soon this is going on a 93 accord ex with f22a6 and 5 speed that i use for a daily driver and drag racing at the track once a month or so and im planning on running nitrous threw it also just give me your input on this cam if you have had experience with them thx ray.

·
Registered
682 Posts
dude, to be ohnest im not sure, but i think that skunk2 doesnt even make a cam for this engine..... F22Ax

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im not sure either thats just what i was told was in the head but im getting more info from the guy before i buy it and also some pics he says hes got paperwork for the head so well see thx has anybody else ever heard of them making a cam for my f series thx ray.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I dont care what papers he has or what documentation, files, pics, lesbian shots of his mom or anything else..
If you bothered to check www.skunk2.com and their camshaft applications you would find that they DONT MAKE A STAGE 2, STAGE 1 or anything for the F series at all. H22 yes.......f series..no
You sir are getting a "staged" wannabe skunk2 cam which is prolly some cheap ass regrind in which case.......save your money.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
well whatever cam it is you want to know the specs on it to see if its too aggressive for nitrous. on a SOHC you can't set lift and duration between intake and exhaust and lift is set by the grind so you will want to know the specs on the grind. cuz with nitrous, high lift high duration keep the valves open longer and before the nitrous can combust it can get puddled up in the valve chamber or sucked out the exhaust side depending on the cam.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx bonestock94 for the intelligent post and i will check into it further and see what paperwork he has for it he may have been mistaken on what parts where what ill find out from him thx again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts