Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
814 Posts
here's the dyno plot for the stg 2 cams, for those of you who are too lazy to look... quite impressive, but i would really like to see prelude dynoed by someone else other than group a motorsports (skunk2)...

· Registered
352 Posts
I don't know if I am reading that thing right, but doesn't it say that the unmodded engine is making its peak horspower at around 5500rpms, Right when the VTEC kicks in? Shouldn't the peak be higher at like 7000?

· Registered
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andy2000 said:
I don't know if I am reading that thing right, but doesn't it say that the unmodded engine is making its peak horspower at around 5500rpms, Right when the VTEC kicks in? Shouldn't the peak be higher at like 7000?
wtf?...i think you need to put on your glasses..how are you reading it????:confused:

· Registered
3 Posts
I understand that the skunk2's will have a higher redline as far as being able to make more power at higher rpms... but I think the question was how did the rev limit change? Doesn't seem like you can just put new cams in and expect your ecu to automatically adjust its redline... That's why the numbers are probably as high as they are. That higher redline seems to be suggesting that some form of engine management is at work.

· Registered
224 Posts
Are they testing the skunk intake manifold and cams on a type S engine? Will you have to buy upgraded springs/titanium retainers when using the cams? Anyone know?

· Registered
386 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
here's the dyno plot for the stg 2 cams, for those of you who are too lazy to look... quite impressive, but i would really like to see prelude dynoed by someone else other than group a motorsports (skunk2)...

That dyno of the cams and the prototype manifold is UNTUNED. H22 Stage 2 cams are IN. 0.475, 255;. EX. 0.436,255. I will soon be on the streets with the Stage 3 cams IN. 0.505,270; EX.0.465,275. As you can see the difference in the 2 specs and you can imagine the power those would unleash. Stage 2 cams are highly recommended for use wtih our stiffer valve springs and ti retainers. Stage 3 HAS to be used with upgraded valve train with alot of tuning to get maximum power extracted from these cams. Our Skunk2 valve spring pressures are [email protected]", [email protected]", max lift: 0.530".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.