Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i bought a pair of skunk2 cams and there is a K ingraved on the cam. I don't know what that means but i saw on the skunk2 website that there cams have S2 ingraved in them. Did i get ripped off with this deal or are they really skunk2 cams? Cuz i'll kill the person who ripped me off if they did. thanks

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I dunno about all that... Engravings aren't exactly a 100% accurate way of telling who made what, or what it is. it could almost be anything...

the only way to really find out, would be to take it to a machine shop and have them check the cam profile for you... get numbers for lift, duration, and all that crap, and then compare them to profile specs of what cams he sold them to you as.

at least that's what I had to do when I bought my used Type S cams for my old 'Lude... just to be sure they weren't just stockers sold to me as Type S cams. luckily, I didn't get ripped off on eBay...

I looked at Skunk 2's website, and couldn't find anything about engravings on their camshafts, much less a picture of it. For all you know, it could be a lot number identification, or the ID of which grinding machine they used... it could be anything.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Clone said:
I dunno about all that... Engravings aren't exactly a 100% accurate way of telling who made what, or what it is. it could almost be anything...

the only way to really find out, would be to take it to a machine shop and have them check the cam profile for you... get numbers for lift, duration, and all that crap, and then compare them to profile specs of what cams he sold them to you as.

at least that's what I had to do when I bought my used Type S cams for my old 'Lude... just to be sure they weren't just stockers sold to me as Type S cams. luckily, I didn't get ripped off on eBay...
ummmm .. no. Replicas ARE the EXACT same profiles usually as there originals, so that will not work either. Might even boil down to markings on the box. :ninja

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
TOP END MS said:
ummmm .. no. Replicas ARE the EXACT same profiles usually as there originals, so that will not work either. Might even boil down to markings on the box. :ninja

well... I didn't think about replicas cause that shit's gay. who the fuck would consciously buy a replica?

I understand, he wants to know if he got scammed... blah blah blah...

if it were me, and I had any doubt about it whatsoever... I'd put them back up for sale on eBay, try to get my money back, and buy real ones from a reputable source. You'll save yourself tons of money and frustration in the long run by shelling out a little extra cash at the beginning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.