pro 1 IN 0.496,264 EX 0.469,264 $730.83
pro 2 IN 0.504,270 EX 0.473,276 $748.07
pro 3 IN 0.512,277 EX 0.488,284 $748.07

how i can know the best cams???
and whats number meaning [IN,EX]???

·
Registered
959 Posts
there is no best cam it depends on what you want to do...the higher the stage the more aggressive the cam is, but you can't just slap a stage 3 and most of the time even a stage 2 cam and just call it a day...these cams need performance intakes, manifolds and high compressions and often times even performance head work to get the most performance out of these cams.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
ismael-robert said:
there is no best cam it depends on what you want to do...the higher the stage the more aggressive the cam is, but you can't just slap a stage 3 and most of the time even a stage 2 cam and just call it a day...these cams need performance intakes, manifolds and high compressions and often times even performance head work to get the most performance out of these cams.
get a stg1 cam and call it a day. :rolleyes

·
Registered
959 Posts
yeah while not a very high hp cam you will still probably need to at least upgrade your valve springs cuz you need to do that even with type r cams...keep in mind stage 3 cams are like strict drag racing cams although I know some people who have street driven them but then you're talking about getting some good dyno tuning in...didn't think racing was that easy/cheap did you? Once you get started man you have to go all the way through from intake to performance exhaust to get the most out of your parts. Then these cams are going to need gears to change their timing. Everything just sort of builds off each other.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know thats means in = intake , ex = exaust
but im asking about numbers

how i can know the best cams
between
stage 3 IN 0.504,272 EX 0.469,280 $698.92

turbo 2 IN 0.433,231 EX 0.417,236 $797.94

pro 3 IN 0.512,277 EX 0.488,284 $748.07

:confused

·
Registered
959 Posts
well seeing Pro cams is new to me, but lets see common sense would tell me if a cam says turbo in front of it then it's designed for people who have a turbo on their car so unless you're going to do that don't buy those... :bash
I already answered your freakin question about what's the best cam...stage 3 is the best if you got the money to rebuild your whole freakin engine and get tuning.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i think you need to stop wasting money on parts and spend some money on books and learn wtf all that shit means. Your the same kinda people that buy this crap without knowing wtf it does, then wonder why your engine blows up or why your not making the power you should.

stop being lazy and waiting for people to find the answers for you. jesus christ, i miss the past, where people did their own research and made engine building innovative. Now its a select few people who actually take the time to learn this stuff. :bash

How are you planning to tune your motor after installing these cams? I'm sure hoping you let someone else install them. No off the shelf header is going to be sufficient with such a radical cam. Neither is a stock bottom end.

It takes more than just money to make a reliable setup that makes power.

http://webcamshafts.com/cam_glossary.html

...if you actually wanted to learn about cams. Then there you go.

www.howstuffworks.com
http://www.campbellenterprises.com/tech_help/manley_primer_on_camshafts.htm

the first number is the amount of lift in Inches that the primary vtec lobe has. the second number is how long the valve is held open. This is measure in degrees that the crankshaft rotates.

theres your start.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
road.head said:
i think you need to stop wasting money on parts and spend some money on books and learn wtf all that shit means. Your the same kinda people that buy this crap without knowing wtf it does, then wonder why your engine blows up or why your not making the power you should.

stop being lazy and waiting for people to find the answers for you. jesus christ, i miss the past, where people did their own research and made engine building innovative. Now its a select few people who actually take the time to learn this stuff. :bash

How are you planning to tune your motor after installing these cams? I'm sure hoping you let someone else install them. No off the shelf header is going to be sufficient with such a radical cam. Neither is a stock bottom end.

It takes more than just money to make a reliable setup that makes power.

http://webcamshafts.com/cam_glossary.html

...if you actually wanted to learn about cams. Then there you go.

www.howstuffworks.com
http://www.campbellenterprises.com/tech_help/manley_primer_on_camshafts.htm

the first number is the amount of lift in Inches that the primary vtec lobe has. the second number is how long the valve is held open. This is measure in degrees that the crankshaft rotates.

theres your start.
thanks for ur helping
and im not lazy to make aresearch
i always research and im here for research too
so thanks and if u have any website can help me please tell me
and if u know any books please tell me where i can find it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.