Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've been looking at the Skunk2 shift knob for a year now..and finally got it a month ago...damn its nice...i love it, the feel of the knob is smooth as heck. When i first put it on i thought it was a little small, was expecting it to be a little bigger but after a getting use to it, it felt pretty nice. The looks of the knob is bad ass...especially if you have a short shifter it looks 10x better...(i'll try to post pics)The only thing i dont like about it is when your car sits in the sun for a long time the knob gets really hot...its no biggie though...i payed 60 for the knob but you can find it pretty cheap on ebay or other websites...

i bought it at a local store so i wouldn't have to through the whole shipping and handling process...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
yeah i know what you mean i've purchased a spoon shift knob, $65 but i think it was worth it. when i put it on it seems real small compared to the OEM one, but i've gottan used to it and i like it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shift said:
yeah i know what you mean i've purchased a spoon shift knob, $65 but i think it was worth it. when i put it on it seems real small compared to the OEM one, but i've gottan used to it and i like it.

yep...in pictures it seemed a little bigger...but o well i like my knob...

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have had my Skunk2 nob for about 2 years now and I can only say that the nob looks polished from everyday use and that in a 94 Civic it would get HOT from the exhaust running under. I have it on my Prelude now and it's great. I love it and will always have it as long as it fits.

I give it 9/10 and paid $45 for it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep me too..bro...it looks jdm...haha...i got the 6speed knob though..haha..just had to do it...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hey, how did you guys get your skunk2 knobs to have the numbers facing you? When I screw mine down the numbers are upside down. I'm referring to the gear selector numbers:
1 3 5
| | |
+--N--+
| | |
2 4 R

That's when I tighten it down all the way. If I loosen it alittle and make the numbers face me, the knob sits loosely.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
easy bro...i had the same problem too but apparently you didn't use common sense...exactly like me too..haha...but the bolt that comes with it which is under the knob itself, you need to tighten the two together basically...have the knob facing the right way..well the way you want it and then bring up the bolt and tighten it up to the knob....easy as that..if you have any questions just hit me up on aim...

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
bmoua17 said:
easy bro...i had the same problem too but apparently you didn't use common sense...exactly like me too..haha...but the bolt that comes with it which is under the knob itself, you need to tighten the two together basically...have the knob facing the right way..well the way you want it and then bring up the bolt and tighten it up to the knob....easy as that..if you have any questions just hit me up on aim...
yea alot of shift knobs come this way now, it works though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
bmoua17 said:
It's not my fault really, the place I bought it from (sportcompactonly.com) sent me the wrong nut. I couldn't thread it on, so I didn't think to use it. They refuse to send me the right nut, that I paid for, so I just used any nut from a hardware store

:::fu fuck sportcompactonly.com""""

1 - 11 of 11 Posts