Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 93 prelude h22 vtec

i was planning on getting skunk2 stage 2 valve upgrade, including valves, springs reatiner, cams and stuff,

but i was also planning to run low boost on stock pistons in future, i wondered if stage 2 cams would work with low boost? or would i have to go with turbo grind cams?

·
Registered
510 Posts
v-t3c said:
i have 93 prelude h22 vtec

i was planning on getting skunk2 stage 2 valve upgrade, including valves, springs reatiner, cams and stuff,

but i was also planning to run low boost on stock pistons in future, i wondered if stage 2 cams would work with low boost? or would i have to go with turbo grind cams?
I would stay with stock or you can sell the skunk2 cams when you go Fi.

·
Registered
510 Posts
v-t3c said:
you mean i wont be able to tune the stage2 cams with the forced induction?
you can get them tuned but they won't be as efficient as cams made for boost.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i suppose it is wiser for me to wait and do the cams and turbos together
thanks for help :eek:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
you should just run stock cams with a turbo.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my existing cams are very worn out, i was thinking renewing the valve train, are stocks better with boost, or the turbo skunk2 cams, or would it be better to replace with new stock valve train

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
ill sell you stock cams with 20k on them for 125.00

·
Registered
12 Posts
Skunk2 all motor cams are not meant for FI. If you use them with FI, you will lose boost because of the more agressive cam profiles and overlap.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Stunticon said:
Skunk2 all motor cams are not meant for FI. If you use them with FI, you will lose boost because of the more agressive cam profiles and overlap.
As this guy said, overlap = bad for FI. Most turbo cams have a larger lift but shorter duration to decrease overlap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts