Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I bought a supposedly skunk2 stage2 camshaft and it works great but is it really stage 2, in the site they have stage 1 only, i bought it from a friend who bought it from a website that really had it, does someone really know?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
people have been claiming to have skunk stg2 sohc camshafts for like 2yrs now, and yet skunk2 still doesn't say that they make them. I'm inclined to believe the manufacturer... also most cam manufacturers have markings on the cam indicating what it is. Any distinguishing marks?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
kommon_sense said:
people have been claiming to have skunk stg2 sohc camshafts for like 2yrs now, and yet skunk2 still doesn't say that they make them. I'm inclined to believe the manufacturer... also most cam manufacturers have markings on the cam indicating what it is. Any distinguishing marks?
That and the fact that S2 stage 2 for any motor requires upgraded valvetrain. If your vavletrain is stock and your running that cam with no problems and no tuning... it's not a S2 stage 2.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have crower valve springs and kms titanium retainers and you can still hear the valves working hard, I guess its a stage 2 plus I had to make head modifications as the vtec lobe was too high.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
govisam said:
I do have crower valve springs and kms titanium retainers and you can still hear the valves working hard, I guess its a stage 2 plus I had to make head modifications as the vtec lobe was too high.
Hmmm... actually now that I think of it, S2 cams do say Skunk2, I don't remember which end I think its the timing pulley end there should be a Skunk2 etched in, it's not very big if I remember correctly though.

but they don't have anything on their site about them, I have to call them today anyways so I will ask if they make a stage 2 for the D's.... that should solve this :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
sorry to rise her back from the dead, but did you find out? They just have stage 1's for SOHC to my knowledge.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
mugenej8power said:
sorry to rise her back from the dead, but did you find out? They just have stage 1's for SOHC to my knowledge.
do you happen to know what the lift and duration specs are on that cam you have. if you do then compare them to another manufacturers cam, and see if they are similar.

just a thought

·
Registered
329 Posts
98civcEK said:
do you happen to know what the lift and duration specs are on that cam you have. if you do then compare them to another manufacturers cam, and see if they are similar.

just a thought
umm.... I have a stock cam?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts