Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll have to do this review together since i don't know what it's like individually....and although this was in the h22, i'm sure the same can be said for the b-series cams.

anyways, the setup is really good for both street and track duties. my idle was never really lopey and the low-profile lobes did a good job for haulin me around during off-vtec periods. power delivery shot up once vtec hit, however. you almost get thrown back into your seat. great gains, but it's really pricey since you have to get them dyno tuned as well. you may also want to have some adjustable cam gears and some sort of management to do some fine tuning.

i burned a PROM that had the skunk program and also moved my rev limiter up to 12k (only took it to a little less than 11k though). so the springs really helped out. i was in the 10Krpm club w/ a lighter bottom end (not sure what brand tho, cuz the guy in japan who owned this motor left his parts in there)....but yah, the valve springs were able to hold up to that kind of beating :tu however, w/ the stiffer springs, skunk recommends that you change out the hydro tensioner w/ a mechanical one from the h23. i didn't do it right away and my tensioner failed while i was on the freeway....had to tow the car home. changed out w/ the mechanical one and never had to worry about it breaking again. :nod

my overall thoughts: gains more power than all the NA bolt ons put together, but can get really pricey after tuning. the valve springs are a good investment to protect against high rpm beatings...i even mis shifted a few times and was protected against that :)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was at 250whp at one point.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't know. i got the motor like that from japan....for sure the bottom end was built and i had a lot of knock issues at one point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts