Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skunk2 has a released new Intake Manifold and also 2 stages of DOHC Cam sets for 5th Gen. Ludes. The Cams run for about $850, and the Manifold about $350 (not exacatly sure). They estiamte a screaming 50hp & 40lbs of tq!!!. I am not sure if they are a company I can trust, but I'm told they are one of the best. After purchasing the necessary titanium springs and AEM cam gears (also install and tunning), I's be spending a cool $2,000!!. Is it worth it??? Please tell me ya'lls opinion. www.Skunk2.com

·
Registered
510 Posts
hmmm.. this thing will never ever make it to the market.

I'm now seriously considering

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
miikail said:
hmmm.. this thing will never ever make it to the market.

I'm now seriously considering
damn that shit would look hot under the hood of a lude, especially RED!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
actually this thing gives power throughout the rpm range over the edelbrock mani.
here is the comparison on the dyno.

·
Registered
524 Posts
skunk2 is made by rsr, they can be and are trusted, and they are proven with many race cars. Btw- I know you cant find a skunk2 manifold for 350 guarunteed...........

·
Registered
510 Posts
As with any business decision, companies have to develop where for the best markets and unfortunately the Prelude market isn't there. We are on the backburner for a reason.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I still will most likely go with the AIR IM. It's gonna be around $1500 but I feel the money paid is worth the 40whp overall gain throughout the rpm range & weight loss.

http://theoldone.com/components/intake_manifold/

their site says Prelude 1994-2001 H22A DOHC VTEC 307-05-2250 $398.00 CARB PENDING

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
can we stop talking about the manifold until someone has it on their car......jesus.....its not out yet and skunk2 bs'ed a lot so y support them

·
Registered
524 Posts
I agree It drives me crazy to see people talkin bout this im, everything theres is to be covered as of know and the last year has been> SEARCH/ But I will buy one when they come out, mark my words, it will gain atleast 7 whp. Later,
James

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
SpecalK said:
yo that link to that IM, that companys making a supercharger for the H22a
add 10+ years to that project

1 - 17 of 17 Posts