Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help i have a 2000 honda accord 2dr, 4cyl i have skunk2coilovers and i cant get them no lower than an inch over my tires, i didnt put them on some guy did but my front ones cant down any more and my back ones have at least an inch and a half left of threads im thinking the guy put the back springs on the front and the front on the back, any advise, i also orderes kyb struts anyone know how good these are??? i already took every thing of the factory strut the dust covers, bump stops and nothing thanks

· Registered
529 Posts
did your friend or the installer cut the bump stops accordingly? they may have installed the threaded collar upside down, or he may have slid the threaded collar over your shock not far enough? maybe he used the wrong O-rings and that would of caused the faulty placement of the coilover over the shock...lot of possibilities. try an in depth inspection and see what you come up with.

· Registered
292 Posts
On the accords they don't typically tuck in the front cause the fender is pretty narrow , only on air ride. And I don't think its possible that there on backwards, cause usually the smaller springs in the front anyway. I think you should find out if your bump stops where cut or used at all. If their not cut then you could be losing 2"+ of travel.

· Registered
529 Posts
i guess to my knowledge...there were 3 types/versions of skunk coilovers made:

1 gen- skunkwork coilovers
2nd gen- skunk2 coilovers *all 4 springs were identical in height n rate*
3rd gen- skunk2 coilovers * springs vary in height and rate*

so which one do you have?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey

CD5 Sedan said:
i guess to my knowledge...there were 3 types/versions of skunk coilovers made:

1 gen- skunkwork coilovers
2nd gen- skunk2 coilovers *all 4 springs were identical in height n rate*
3rd gen- skunk2 coilovers * springs vary in height and rate*

so which one do you have?
i have the gen 2 i thinki am pretty sure because i dont think the springs are a different height i think they were all the same height why u ask

· Registered
513 Posts
accord18s said:
please help i have a 2000 honda accord 2dr, 4cyl i have skunk2coilovers and i cant get them no lower than an inch over my tires, i didnt put them on some guy did but my front ones cant down any more and my back ones have at least an inch and a half left of threads im thinking the guy put the back springs on the front and the front on the back, any advise, i also orderes kyb struts anyone know how good these are??? i already took every thing of the factory strut the dust covers, bump stops and nothing thanks

Ok buddy you got the skunk2 2 1/2" lowering kit. This does not go "slammed" Just keep it that way and get bigger rims. I kept mine the lowest it goes in the front. and just a bit over the tires in the rear. So If you set your car lower regard less of brand it's gonna ride like shit. So I'd stay where its at. Riding too low on the road is gettin corny these days and it's gettin ricey

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: skunk2coilovers cant get them any lower and an inch over the tire

XxACCORD94JxX said:
Ok buddy you got the skunk2 2 1/2" lowering kit. This does not go "slammed" Just keep it that way and get bigger rims. I kept mine the lowest it goes in the front. and just a bit over the tires in the rear. So If you set your car lower regard less of brand it's gonna ride like shit. So I'd stay where its at. Riding too low on the road is gettin corny these days and it's gettin ricey
i dont know man on the box and instrutions it says it has a 4 1/2 inch drop there has to be a way to drop them more, i have a friend that has a civic and when he shows it is on the ground. thats what i want them low for so when i show it i can drop it when i ride i would like to ride at good height. there has to be another way , i wish i could afford 19s

· Registered
64 Posts
I have the same problem with the coilovers on my 99 accord. I have a 1" gap in front with them all the way down but can tuck the back. I have 18s with 225/40 tires. I think its a common thing with the 6th gen accords.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.