Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question about the skunk2 intake manifold. I wanted to know how much more air it flowed over the stock b16a manifold (represented by either a % or a number such as X cfpm rather than Y cfpm. Here's a copy of the email i got:

The manifold flows more air in the higher rpms - past 6000rpm.

At 03:47 AM 2/27/2002 -0500, you wrote:

name: Simba Chinawah
email: [email protected]
subject:
body: I know that i'll experience some gains if i switch to the skunk2
manifold. But do you have any kind of percentage to show how much the
skunk2 manifold flows over the stock b16a manifold (particualarily stock
cfpm vs skunk2 cfpm)

Group-A Autosports, Inc.
Skunk2 Racing
25710 Industrial Blvd. #2
Hayward, CA 94545
Tel: 510-781-0538
Fax: 510-781-0539
www.skunk2.com

I'm sorry, but is there anyway that a person could be an less specific? I mean, i'm trying to buy a good product and i'm looking to do some research on it, but another example of people either not knowing whut they talk about, or being lazy. Now that i'm really starting to ask questions about parts, people are giving me fuzzy answers. I called AEM the other day, and got pretty much the same response. :(

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
the skunk2 manifold is slightly larger than teh itr manifold bigger runners and all its deffinately worth the $ i plan on getting one in teh next month or so

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
import tuner had it on a car in the horsepower section...i think it was a civic si, well it gain about 6 hp or so...definitely worth buying for its price.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah...i know its definitely worth it. Its just, i dunno this may seem kinda dumb to you guys, but i'm getting pretty tired of calling companies, and talking to people in tech....who are supposed to know about their products. To find out that they know very little about it. I mean, its seems like these days people only know "just enough" about their product, instead of knowing everything about it.
-just me being...frustrated !

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i know what you mean...i can walk into some (ARD here in daygo)performance shops and be more knowledgeable that many peeps that work there

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this one whack place in corona, Whack-tion Motorsports (really Action, but that shiet is whack) they have a big facility. Lots of workers, a nice lookin place. 1) they rip people the hell off 2) Some of the employees dont know whut the fugg they're talking about

I went in there a while ago after i got my aem short ram from inlinefour. I got it for 134 out the door. I went into Action, and they wanted 145+ tax. The thing was...when i went in i was like:

"i'm looking for an AEM short ram for a 88-91 CRX Si"
-"an AEM what?"
"short ram..."
-"Umm, i'm not sure what you're talking about"
"its like the AEM cold air...but short...SHORT RAM"

-thats just pisses me off !:mad:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
DAFeLUNG said:
. 1) they rip people the hell off 2) Some of the employees dont know whut the fugg they're talking about
i know how u feel man i went into a shop up the street here the other day just to find out a price on arp headstuds he gave a descent and respectable price then i asked how much he wanted for a b16 hehe rigth he says hold on a sec goes to the computer and then says 2100 i was like uh ur jokin right. and they just dont know alot of things they should. like what emgine mountsare for the ef and shit like that. i know exactly how u feel.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
LudeAction said:
does it seem like importt places dun like white people..i cant buy a bucket..have to shop online
i goto an import shop in china town in philly not the one i spoke of earlier and they dont really discriminate.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
here in cali you have to know where to go so you dont get ripped off.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't shop at any of the local shops in Denver cause they are all ripoffs. You can just find better buys on line. Denver...lets See....Asylum Motorsports...Racing Trenz....Paragon Tuning....all Ripoffs....but I have to admit....atleast Paragon knows what they are talking about.

·
Registered
165 Posts
there is a group buy on one now, $255.00 i am going to get it .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts