Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off I know my car is a 94 del sol vtec model, it says vtec on the headblock. however when I was looking at clutches there was only stage 2 clutches for a nonvtec model with sohc or a vtec model with dohc. so that leads me to think sols arent made with a sohc vtec..?

however a friend of mine looked at my engine and said its an Sohc vtec engine but ive been thinking its dohc the whole time..??

next question is stage 1 or 2 competition clutch and who makes very reliable clutches for the del sols? there arent any reviews that i located in parts review.
friend says a stage 1 will give enough grip but i think for the street racing n track stage 2 would be a better choice..?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
To find out what engine you have, look at the code in front of the block, is its Dohc it should start with a B if its Sohc it should start with a D.

As far as clutches, get one that fits your driving. I have been told that Stage 1 would be good for everyday driver who street races every now and then. Stage 2 would be for track. Not sure how is more Reliable.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
If your engine looks like this it's a b16.....DOHC VTEC:

This is a D16...SOHC VTEC:

And of course you can just look at the engine code.

As for a clutch...get a stage 1...no use in getting a stage 2 unless you are producing a lot of power.

I recommend the ACT Stage 1 clutch kit

·
Registered
96 Posts
easy

if it says "vtec" its sohc
if it says "dohc vtec" its dohc

stage 1 :w00t
stage 2 :noo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.