Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k heres the deal d16a6 with vitara standard bore pistons and hastings rings,acl bearings,a6 head,14b soon to be 20g turbo,z6 tranny 15psi, uberdata...now when idling the car smokes on initial crank up? then after reaching operating temp it goes away and does not do it while driving either...could this be ring?turbo seal ? or just blowby until the ring settles in by warming up. I have heard that the pistons do not reach wall clearnce until warm...and there is pistonslap at cold start until warm then the noise dies down....any help appreciated. also when boosting when I hit 11psi the car bogs like its trying ot die or deccelerate...it does not do this at 10- at all pulls real hard then bammmm11psi she shits....

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
It could be your valve seals, turbo seals, probably isn't your pistons, but are they forged? You said you have piston slap on cold starts and forged pistons for a turbo street car they recomend a lot of piston to cylinder wall clearence like four thousandths on some apps. I would say turbo seals though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts