Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this board, and have done a search on this question, but have not found any answers or threads that fit my questions. Any help is appreciated.

I bought a 94 Civic Dx awhile ago and have been doing all the work myself to get it up and running properly. The head gasket was blown. I replaced it, but I still had white exhaust smoke. I spoke to a mechanic who told me that I just needed to dry out my catalytic converter. So I drove the car around for about a week with no change. Yesterday, I replaced the converter in hopes of solving the problem. I drove the car for an extended period of time today, and noticed little change. My biggest problem seems to be after I stop the car and restart it and while idling, gunning the car. When I do this I get a cloud of smoke that is grayish-white.

I did a compression test last week and all the numbers were between 176 and 180, so I do not believe I have problems with the piston seals.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
have the cooling system pressure tested. have a leak down test done...

·
Registered
513 Posts
too much oil?? I know it should be Bluish..but it Just could be the cause.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to check coolant pressure as well as the oil level. I have found some posts regarding the valve stem seals which I did not replace with the head gasket. So far, this sounds like my best bet. Does any one know where to get a valve spring compressor small enough for the D15 springs? I have tried several different parts stores, but no luck finding one small enough for my springs. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts