Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
TOP END MS said:
I was changing the vtec filter and over tightened the bolt that mounts to the block and snapped it.

Does that have to be drilled with a tiny drill bit?
Damn dude... I didn't know that had a filter :eek Was yours pretty clogged or was it ok? Have you ever clean it up before? :confused

Ohhh... about the bolt is very simple get a small extractor and drill a small diameter hole, and extract it... as simple as that. :btu

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where do i get an 'extractor'?

.. the filter was not clogged .. but there did seem to be some metal shavings or something when i pulled it off. Not caught in the filter but just in the ported areas. Possible from starving of oil.. im not 100% .. could have been dirt but i think it was prob. metal specs.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Anywhere dude... it looks like a drill bid except that is actually in opposite direction... you drill a small hole on the broken screw then take the extractor and once you have it in the hole hammer it enough for it to make a grip... then turn with the handle it brings. Go to any auto parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.