Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some pics today of the ride on 15's. I ended up selling the two white racing harts I had and opted for some team dynamics pro Race 1 wheels 15X7 +45MM with 225 tires. Check it out. :clap

Reactions: 98vtec

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
98Vtec said:
bout damn time andy. Looks hawt. What tires are those again?

Yokohama A032R's

·
Registered
910 Posts
nice ride... do those tires handle well? how about straight line accel? ride quality is bad i bet though... love the way they look on your car though

·
Registered
671 Posts
i need those tires...where can i get those or do they have to be ordered?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
stil dont know which ones look better those or the white racing harts.
car looks noticable higher than before. hows the ride compare to what it used to be?

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The tires are insane. I don't use these tires often...only on weekends when I hit the canyon runs up.

I am running a 225/50/15 tire (Yokohama A032R). They grip a lot better than my old falken FK451's which were 215/40/17 size on volk SE37K's. They grip WAY WAY better than my Kumho 711 tires on my stock rims for my DD tires.

They do have road noise...but I didn't buy them to be quiet.....they just rip corners;)

The smaller wheels are quicker...I was flooring it in second gear (10mph roll)following another luder and a civic racing (they started in 1st gear)...and I kept up with them no problem.....so I think I gained some with the wheels being a lot lighter.

My current lowering is Tein SS with upgraded rear springs to 336 FT-LBS. The fronts were left alone with 448 ft-lbs. The car is probably lowered 1.3 inches or so. I didn't want the car to be that low...since I live in LA...and everything has huge inclines and speed bumps. I drove around here with my old H&R race springs set up and I would hit debris on the highway and scrape going on large inclines in the middle of the car....nothing I could do on those long inclines to flat surfaces with narrow lanes. So I raised the car and I am not running the camber kits anymore. The car is cornerweighted and has -1 degree camber all around roughly. I run the progress rear sway bar with adjustable endlinks...middle setting. I took the front sway bar off and tuned tire pressures to have a really really good oversteer/understeer setting. I have slight slight understeer when the car is swerved back and fourth with no acceleration. Under braking it has very slight oversteer.....and under acceleration it has slight understeer which I can lay off the accelerator and come to almost neutral;) I have all the strut bars and rear lower tie bar...brakes/lines/and some N/A bolt ons.

My setting were all done with my Kumho 711 tires...haven't really tested my advans super hard since I am kind of scared to take corners as fast as these tires can grip.....cause its damn fast...and they are a little more harsh when they give away then street tires. still learning.

here are some pics of my other set ups in the past.

H&R race with 17X7.5" Volk se37K (215/40/17 falken fk451 tires)

·
Registered
238 Posts
why didn't you go with a higher spring rate in the rear? also, might look a little better if you paint the sideskirts.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bleacht said:
why didn't you go with a higher spring rate in the rear? also, might look a little better if you paint the sideskirts.

initially the car came with 226 ft-lbs springs in the rear....Tein suggested the most I could up the spring rate without revalving the shocks would be 336....so I chose to jump to 336...which works just great...and rides decent when the dampening is turned down. Teins adjust compression and dampening at the same time....so I can actually stiffen the rear up on compression is wanted......but they can't be adjusted separately.....I usually run 10-12 front and 15 rear when I go hard.

The car isn't even washed....it has 1-2 rains on it...and since I live in an apt complex...its tough to find somewhere to hand wash it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
car looks good man.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thought you had a fourth gen. :ek

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Your car is HOT bro, those wheels are owesome. CONGRATS
Iam planning to get a new set of rims for mine, I am not sure about the brand, or style yet, the only thing I am sure is theyre gonna be BLACK.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts