Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday evening I was comin home... it's like 7pm or so... I'm on the freeway, just cruisin... like maybe 80mph. There's no one in front of me for maybe a mile... no one. no cops, no traffic, nothing.

so I'm sitting here thinking... as long as I've owned the car, I've never put it past 105mph... just never really felt a need to, and I really dont need another traffic ticket or arrest. I topped my prelude out at almost 145 or so a long time ago with the nitrous... then it misfired and shut off... still dont know what happened, as it cranked right up afterwards, but with a Cyl 1 misfire MIL code... but that's neither here nor there.

So full straight away... I pop out of sixth, slam into fourth and top out fourth gear... putting me up to 121mph. And it sure got there in a hurry!! Fourth gear, 9K, I just drop into neutral and coast back down to about 80... slide back into sixth.

so 121 mph is the fastest I've ever put my S at... and that's redlining fourth gear. and it's got two more to go!!

so what about you guys?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
I have had my S to about 145 with the top down and that was a lot of wind :D but it was cool and this was down a 4 lane highway with only one car on the road and that was my bro in his STI as he passed me doing about 160....then we both dropped down to like 80mph

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone know what speed 5th and 6th gear top out at?? I'd do it... but I'd end up arrested... and frankly... um... no.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
141 in sixth @ ????rpm because i was not taking my eyes off the road. - this was also done when i was young and stupid, now a days i can't afford to not signal on a right hand turn or else i'll be in big trouble

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I feel like a big pussy... everyone's goin like, 140+ and I'm sittin here with my measly 121mph, toppin out 4th gear...

hahaha

yeah, honestly though I just can't afford to take it higher... it's just askin for it... a ticket, arrest, an accident... something. I'm getting too old for that shit...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Well.. top down.. I was coming back as a DD for one of my buddies (steve chabot, also an S2000 owner best friend of mine).. from a party.. he was nearly passing out next to me.. but still concious..

We were passed by a couple of bikes tuckin' at about 110mph as we were cruising at about 70mph on 285 headed from Marrieta back down past 20, and onto 85 south headed back into Peachtree City.. so I ditched down into 4th, and blew past them... (top down mind you).. about less than a 1/4mile down, at about 152.. I backed off.. because.. well, it was aerodynamically challenged.. besides, it was a slight uphill grade.. hahahahahaha :bash

now, TOP up...

I actually topped it out. 167.. and that was on hwy16 headed towards Savannah from Macon...

took me about a minute or two from a 70mph roll.. but wow.. it was the best feeling ever.. lol..

i was busy watching the road (and for cops..)

I figured I coverd quite a FEW miles in a minute or so.. haha :)

Reactions: Clone

·
Registered
21 Posts
ran a 156.7 in my civic ( know cuase of laptop shows rpms..)

its a civic, but i want to sell it for an s2000, does that kind of count?

that was on part throttle and only 4lbs of boost.... trying 11 lbs is pointless

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gsrchad said:
its a civic, but i want to sell it for an s2000, does that kind of count?

haha, no I dont think that counts.

·
Registered
936 Posts
How does the car "feel" at those speeds?

In my 92 Accord EX, go past 100 mph and steering turns to mush. The steering wheel moves easily and had no effect on steering at all. The car rattles and overall feels like its gonna come apart. I'd assume its different for you guys.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
It feels very stable, some soft top noise but besides that, like a rock

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my fucking soft top is loud as shit... 60 mph+, it's just fucking loud.

but, my strikers are worn and I need hardtop strikers.

but yeah, the car feels really solid at every speed I've put it at.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.