Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, awhile ago I was looking for a cheap gaming computer for under $400, and there was on deal I missed out on from ibuypower, and there was nothing else around except for the acer I bought for $380 (Acer Aspire X1200) AMD 4850e 2.5 ghz/4GB ram/ Integrated GeForce 8200. Forgot what motherboard but its either a Nvidia 630i or 780i, eitherway it has the Hybrid SLi setup. I don't know much about Hybrid SLi. When I got the computer it won't play games for crap..cod4 is like a strobe light, so hopefully a new graphics card will fire this thing up, what cards can i get that are useable with the hybrid SLi setup? and my power supply, whatever it may be I cant find the specs on it. anyone know anything about this?

· Registered
10,923 Posts
Dude, just one of my Nvidia cards cost almost as much as your whole computer. You get what you pay for. My setup cost almost 3 grand, but I will enjoy it for years, and can run any game flawlessly in 1600x960+ resolution with all effects maxxed on my 27" LCD screen. Don't be cheap with something like a computer unless it's just for business/web-surfing.

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thanks for answering my questions first off, but I didn't buy the computer to just game on it, I bought it to web-surf and occasional gaming, as long as I could get the game playable and somewhat smooth i'd be happy..I didn't want to spend 3K on a computer setup. I researched before I bought a computer and I set a $400 budget, this budget pc looked like the best deal at the time. So many people online act like money isn't an issue, but for some people it is.

· Registered
41,903 Posts
you need to figure out what bus speed your motherboard is running at, and also the speed your ram is running at. 4GB of RAM is useless if its running at 500MHz. Usually you can get this information from the BIOS

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you need to figure out what bus speed your motherboard is running at, and also the speed your ram is running at. 4GB of RAM is useless if its running at 500MHz. Usually you can get this information from the BIOS
I dunno, if you mean the bios section on startup I couldn't find anything about those in there. maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. Can you change them, or are they set?
I watched the tigerdirect movie on it before I bought it and the guy said it was ready to go for a new graphics card but it had be a "hybrid sli" card from nvidia, so if the 8800 gt is good to go with that i'd probably get it.

· Registered
41,903 Posts
I dunno, if you mean the bios section on startup I couldn't find anything about those in there. maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. Can you change them, or are they set?
I watched the tigerdirect movie on it before I bought it and the guy said it was ready to go for a new graphics card but it had be a "hybrid sli" card from nvidia, so if the 8800 gt is good to go with that i'd probably get it.
depends on your board. some allow overclocking of the speeds in the bios, others dont. If it does and you overclock, depending on the quality of the components, it might not run stable and will void any warranties you have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.