Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since im broke, and am spending about 700 to have my car fixed, i dont have the money to buy tire for the nice ADR Battle EXE rims i got for my birthday (my friends rock).

SO! i painted my steelies flat black. Soo, i will do this to my whole car.

Thoughts?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
like the flat steelies, though I wouldnt do the whole car in it. but its your choice.

did you use rustoleum paint? I used regular paint for the steelies I had on my EF before getting another set of rims, the rust starting coming back within a few months.

if you used regular paint, may wanna do another few coats

· Registered
1,426 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
like the flat steelies, though I wouldnt do the whole car in it. but its your choice.

did you use rustoleum paint? I used regular paint for the steelies I had on my EF before getting another set of rims, the rust starting coming back within a few months.

if you used regular paint, may wanna do another few coats
rusto flat rust reducer auto primer, 3 layers, rusto flat rust reducer auto paint, 2 layers. I know my way around paint, had enough fines for it as a kid. haha

and as for the car thing, im doing this for the summer, im too cheap for a real paint job and im tired of the small patches of rust i've fixed and primed with flat paint. So the entire cars getting a mate finish, i like the whole flat black look.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
rusto flat rust reducer auto primer, 3 layers, rusto flat rust reducer auto paint, 2 layers. I know my way around paint, had enough fines for it as a kid. haha

and as for the car thing, im doing this for the summer, im too cheap for a real paint job and im tired of the small patches of rust i've fixed and primed with flat paint. So the entire cars getting a mate finish, i like the whole flat black look.
kk just wanted to make sure a fellow memebr keeps his steelies looking baller :D

My buddy used rustoleum paint on his car, 3-4 layers of primer, depending on bumper or body, and 2-3 layers of paint, looked really fucking good after a few ghours buffing, then clear coated it. still holding up after the abuse of wisconsin winter

its about 100 bucks or so to cover the car properly, but its almost auto-paint quality looking

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
every time i see "rex" i think of an fc or fd
haha, really? comonly refer to them as "a/the 7".

kk just wanted to make sure a fellow memebr keeps his steelies looking baller :D

My buddy used rustoleum paint on his car, 3-4 layers of primer, depending on bumper or body, and 2-3 layers of paint, looked really fucking good after a few ghours buffing, then clear coated it. still holding up after the abuse of wisconsin winter

its about 100 bucks or so to cover the car properly, but its almost auto-paint quality looking
see thats the thing, i want to find a nice flat enamel clear but am having a hard time, i know what primer and paint im using, i know what sand paper and bondo im using for that last rust spot. but i cant for the life of me find a good, decently priced flat enamel clear. :cry

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.