Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was giong to buy a teg today at the opening of the nj state auto auction in jersey city when i saw a really nice black, black interior 96 accord coupe lx sitting in the lanes. it looked really nice and had a manual tranny and was everything i was looking for in my next car(i was pretty much dead set on the teg). there's only like a 300 pound difference in the weight, and the accord is about 8 - 10 inches longer. my question is can the accord be just as good in the turns as a teg? the dynamics of the car must be different due to the size and weight, but can this be EASILY overcome by purhasing the right suspension parts and keeping an eye on the weight? i really like how this accord looks as opposed to the teg, and it's about half a grand cheaper than a comparable teg (96 teg SE). I know i'll be able to make this accord go (h22a and 200hp sounds really nice), but if you accord fanatics can convince me that an accord can turn like a teg by tomorrow, then i'll be coming home with an accord. Ill keep u guys updated.

·
Registered
976 Posts
any car handles good if you do the right suspension setup. My car hugs corners very well and its not even lowered. I like the accord because it is alittle bigger, but you can still make them decent looking.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well u accord owners didn't really do a good job convincing me, but i got it anyways. and i'm loving it. Im gonna play around with this untill i can get a decent teg shell and use that for the honda challange, which i plan to be racing in in the next year or two. pics to come after i go to costco and get me self a new camera. the only picture that i took is of the inside trunk release, it's a picture of the trunk open with a guy running away from the car with a dotted line trail behind the guy booking it. as if the guy needs reminding of what to do after he escapes from the trunk of a car haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.