Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently totalled my ek coupe and the crx looks to be the answer to all of my problems.

i'm hoping to buy my friends awd talon, but if that falls through (will most likely) i'm hoping to get a 88-91 crx, the model doesn't really matter to me because i'll be swapping eventually anyway. anway, is there anything i should look for when i'm looking to buy a crx? i know it's not a very specific question but i'm not looking for specific answers.

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
I think the HF would be better for a swap since it's already MPFI, the DX is DPFI. HF is lighter than the DX too. Either way an SI would be the best. You get a nicer interior, sunroof, tilt steering, bucket seats, and you don't have to worry about getting new axels and eventually new brakes/wheels if you swapped in, say, a B16A.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to the EK?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
XLR8 said:
I think the HF would be better for a swap since it's already MPFI, the DX is DPFI. HF is lighter than the DX too. Either way an SI would be the best. You get a nicer interior, sunroof, tilt steering, bucket seats, and you don't have to worry about getting new axels and eventually new brakes/wheels if you swapped in, say, a B16A.

you're right I am sorry, I meant the Si or the HF try and stay away from the DX if you can.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, thanks guys

as for my car, i'm pretty sick right now so last wednesday i was feeling like shit at work and i decided to take the rest of the day off and on the way home i fell asleep and rolled off the road into a tree. i only had liability insurance on it too..... :(

·
Registered
540 Posts
XLR8 said:

wait correct me if im wrong but dont u need new axels with the swap no matter if its an si or not?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I just bought another CRX. I saw it for sale and it was in very very good condition and I couldnt stand the thought of it being sold to some ricer punk so I got it. It's an HF with low mileage. Needs a little TLC and some cleaning but other than that it's a great work car. I'll be keeping the stock motor for the gas saving purposes but will be upgrading the suspension to make my work commute more fun :)

And of course here is my other Si model :)

There was a black DX that I was gonna buy but by the time I emailed the guy he had already sold it. I am tired of finding red crx's.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
There was a black DX that I was gonna buy but by the time I emailed the guy he had already sold it. I am tired of finding red crx's.....
I can see maybe having 2 CRX's for a couple different purposes, but what do you do with more than that?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Dub N Rex said:
I can see maybe having 2 CRX's for a couple different purposes, but what do you do with more than that?
I would have bought the black one instead of the red one but it was too late.

One CRX(HF) is gonna be for work only...daily driver.

The other is going to weekend pleasure car.

·
Registered
302 Posts
haha yea, my old rex was red... and the first gen i was gonna get was red... and when i was in the market for a rex for a while most of the rexs i could find were red... lol
and yea, you need either custom axels or a weird mixture... dont remember off the top of my head right now but i think its like 91 teg outers and something else? im probly wrong but i know there s a lotta ppl on this board who know... sum1 fill in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts