Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6'3 250 to be exact
I remeber sitting in a friends s2000 awhile back, all i can remember is how small it was.

Id really love to have an s2000, it has every quailty i want in a car.
Just the room bothers me.
Anyone my size own one or drivin one for long periods of time?

I know its going to be small, just would like to know if it will be barable to drive.

Thanks alot

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
didn't we just have this like, exact same thread?

um... yeah man, to be honest... you might wanna look somewhere else... I'm 5' 11", 180lbs, and I have enough room to keep it comfortable, but not much else. After about two or three hours in the car though, I get cramped because there's just no room to move around. There's already not a lot of leg room for me, and it's not like you can really move your seat back. Even worse, the room from side to side is almost nonexistent... about two or three inches more than the seat itself. Heel/toe technique is a virtual impossibility in this car unless you're short with small feet... the pedals are situated in an awkward fashion and for someone as large as I am, it's pretty difficult. I've even seen videos with professional japanese racers bitch about this exact same problem.

Um... one of the things we mentioned in the other thread was that getting aftermarket seats (like sparcos or something) would actually lower the seat, and allow for more headroom... so maybe that's something you'd wanna consider if you're dead set on an S2K.

I dunno man, the S is a great car, I'll recommend it to anyone... but if it's something you're gonna drive a lot... then if I were you, I'd look somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Im 6.1 200 lbs and fit perfectly, its my daily driver no problem at all

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im really more concered about leg room.
I dont mind being close to the wheel and waht not.

I guess i cant double clutch anymore :(

yes i could go to a dealership and sit in one, and mabe drive it, but im a horrible lier.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
bdpakaknox said:
im really more concered about leg room.
I dont mind being close to the wheel and waht not.

I guess i cant double clutch anymore :(

yes i could go to a dealership and sit in one, and mabe drive it, but im a horrible lier.
Test drive it and judge by yourself if the car is for you, if you want leg room in a roadster you can check out the mazda miata

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
bdpakaknox said:
are you being sarcastic?
i thought a miata would be smaller then an s2000
i was also looking at a Z3 bmw

I knew you would say that, I test drove a miata last week, and its very roomy,more leg room more confortable, incredible suspension but ...underpowered ... trust me check the miata..

Z3 is a nice choice, mostly if its an M version :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts