Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting so sick of the new era of rice that's been going around lately. We all know how ghey the fast and the furious era was with all the crazy body kits, neon lights, giant graphics and hidious altezza tail lights. lol but just wanted to start a thread to see what others consider the "new rice" that in a couple years we'll look back and think WTF were we thinking? lol

so i'll start off with a few things i think are sofa-king-we-todded!

1.bike/ski racks on cars (especially if you don't ever use them!)
2.rusted hoods (seriously, why?)
3.cambered the eff out wheels ( is that even safe?)
4.bright colored engine bay's (before this was a sign you were a cheap ass that didnt want to pay the extra bux to get it painted with the rest of your paint job but now its cool?)
5.extended wheel studs on stock wheels (i understand if you need them, but stock wheels?)
6.tow hooks (you know your azz never been to a track to have the need for one!)
7.rhd conversions ( i know alot of people wanna say to be different, but whatever, i can understand if it came like that, or you live where they drive on the opposite lane, but to convert it here in america i think is a waste of money and pretty rice honestly.)

ok so lets hear some more....:D

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i think the gay camber thing is the most annoying.....really what is the point? why is it so cool?

and rhd has always been fucking stupid to me. it serves no purpose but making life harder and unsafe......what's the new fad gonna be? mounting your tires backwards for the cool road noise feature?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the gay camber thing is the most annoying.....really what is the point? why is it so cool?

and rhd has always been fucking stupid to me. it serves no purpose but making life harder and unsafe......what's the new fad gonna be? mounting your tires backwards for the cool road noise feature?
lol i know i've driven a rhd crx before, annoying ass fawk! try making a u-turn in that bish, almost ran the curb over! i know with practice it can become natural but why? i think the newest fad is gonna be having no trunk or hatch. lol

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i just hate the camber thing and how people think it's "HAWT" your car handles like shit and your tires wear prematurely

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just hate the camber thing and how people think it's "HAWT" your car handles like shit and your tires wear prematurely
not to mention the stress it puts on your suspension. i guess you gotta be a baller to ride like that, replacing tires every month and replacing suspension parts every other month.

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
I'm just hoping altezza's, clear corners, big wings, and nawz come back into style. :lol

When they do I will bust the crx out of the garage :ninja

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I don't think bike/ski racks are rice, but I've never seen them on a car that dosen;t have them being used. I'm planning on getting roof rails for my car, but I'd actually use them, as I bike alll the time.

I do agree, those "slammed with camber" rides are completely retarded. Rusted hoods are completely retarded.

The other thing I don't like, is the excessive stickers on one body panel fad, like the back of this teg:

I also think supertones are ricy and gay as fuck.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
mexicans always do the most riced out obnoxious shit to their cars.....after they steal them
First, I must input, that I've noticed a lot of teddy bear japanese keychains hanging from carabiners from the undercarraige of civics.

Second, I found out why Mexicans have riced out stuff, since I work with a lot of them. Here's the truth straight from the mouth of an illegal immigrant (serious)

-If you can put it on the car, and it didn't come that way, it looks good.

So it doesn't matter, chrome with carbon fiber clash, doesn't matter, blue body kit, white car, looks good, two tone wave paint, random lettering, looks good. Giant spoiler - if it didn't come that way, it looks good. They really do like the way EVERYTHING looks. When I sold my Civic to a co-worker he liked the giant tach on the dash. He asked me to drive it again one day to work since he was falling asleep and we had an hour or so more to go. He asked me what the thing on the dash did. He had no idea what it was even though I kept saying it was a tachometer. He kept asking me "if it makes the car faster?" I didn't want to crush his image of the car, so I told him "yes, it makes it faster" he said "oh cool, I like that, it looks good too."

Unfortunately he racked a felony by getting a DUI and that goes against his work visa so now he is being deported, the civic is in an impound yard in Tacoma.:clappy But it's sad, because he was my favorite Mexican...:(

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
First, I must input, that I've noticed a lot of teddy bear japanese keychains hanging from carabiners from the undercarraige of civics.

Second, I found out why Mexicans have riced out stuff, since I work with a lot of them. Here's the truth straight from the mouth of an illegal immigrant (serious)

-If you can put it on the car, and it didn't come that way, it looks good.

So it doesn't matter, chrome with carbon fiber clash, doesn't matter, blue body kit, white car, looks good, two tone wave paint, random lettering, looks good. Giant spoiler - if it didn't come that way, it looks good. They really do like the way EVERYTHING looks. When I sold my Civic to a co-worker he liked the giant tach on the dash. He asked me to drive it again one day to work since he was falling asleep and we had an hour or so more to go. He asked me what the thing on the dash did. He had no idea what it was even though I kept saying it was a tachometer. He kept asking me "if it makes the car faster?" I didn't want to crush his image of the car, so I told him "yes, it makes it faster" he said "oh cool, I like that, it looks good too."

Unfortunately he racked a felony by getting a DUI and that goes against his work visa so now he is being deported, the civic is in an impound yard in Tacoma.:clappy But it's sad, because he was my favorite Mexican...:(
you have made just a little bit more racist towards mexicans

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think bike/ski racks are rice, but I've never seen them on a car that dosen;t have them being used. I'm planning on getting roof rails for my car, but I'd actually use them, as I bike alll the time.

I also think supertones are ricy and gay as fuck.

this is what i'm talking about. i've seen countless cars like this with the rack never being used other than for looks.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'm sure vtec makes up for the wind resistance
lmao! i wanna see these guys with their stock engine, no hood having, canoe rack wearing, super negative cambered, tire stretched, rhd cars with dlido's as shifters do at the track. lol see how all their hard work payed off.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts