Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 honda civic with a D17 SOHC. i hear you can pull just as much if not more power out it the SOHC as you can the DOHC becuase its less moving parts is that ture and shuold i really go thought the truoble of a motor swap on that new of a car? Also if i dont do a motor swap should i put a differant head on it or do head work on this one? please help me out thankyou.

·
Registered
747 Posts
04_civic said:
i have a 2004 honda civic with a D17 SOHC. i hear you can pull just as much if not more power out it the SOHC as you can the DOHC becuase its less moving parts is that ture and shuold i really go thought the truoble of a motor swap on that new of a car? Also if i dont do a motor swap should i put a differant head on it or do head work on this one? please help me out thankyou.
it all depends on how your comparing engines here. a SOHC with a Turbo or SC will definitely have more hp then a DOHC that does not. but mod for mod, DOHC will beat out a SOHC. Decide what you want from the car 1st. then do some research and see what it will take to get your engine to that performance point. you might want 350whp, but the D17 head and block just might not be able to withstand that kind of punishment. that's when you know it's time for a swap....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya and thats the thing i really dont want to do a motor swap but i want more power. i have cold air intake a full HKS exst what more should i do?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
There are three things to tuning: power, price, and reliability.....you're only allowed to have two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts