Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RUMOR #3: SOCOM III will be released in May.

Source: The booked jobs Web page of WCI Studios, a Los Angeles-based acting workshop.

The official story: Sony Computer Entertainment America reps did not respond to requests for comment.

What we heard: Among the thespians touting their latest gigs on WCI Studios' "I booked it!" page was one with particular interest for gamers. The actor Rob Roy listed the main projects he is currently working on as "NATIONAL ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN: Playstations II (sic) SOCOM II & SOCOM III." While a single mention of "SOCOM III" could be dismissed as a typo, Mr. Roy went on to describe his work on the project in detail: "I’m the technical advisor for Playstations II (sic) SOCOM II release date NOV 2004 and SOCOM III Release date May 2005... I have my own character in the game (“WARDOG”). I was digitized in the fall." While it was widely expected that a new SOCOM would come out this summer, no one was sure of when exactly to expect the next chapter in SCEA and Zipper's popular squad shooter. And while not official, the actor's claim of a May 2005 ship date shouldn't be totally dismissed, since a similarly small-scale Hollywood casting site accidentally released information on Metal Gear Solid 3 and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas last year (before Konami and Rockstar got to them, anyway…).

Bogus or not bogus?: Probably not bogus, since it’s already been over a year since the last SOCOM.

This would rule :D:D:D

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/07/news_6115985.html

Reactions: tylorweaver

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I was JUST thinking about Socom III yesterday..

when I was playing online last night, I was thinking to myself, when did Zipper say Socom III would be out??

AND here we are getting awesome news like this :lol

SWEET! :btu

As soon as my EB Games gets a hold of a release date, I'm going to go pre-order. :clap

Hmm.. that should make it now THREE pre-orders I'll be having with them.. :lol

Gran Turismo 4
Forza Motorsports
and now SOCOM III

:clap

Awesome find man!

:D++teh rep is abundant++:D

-Tylor

Reactions: Danman1116

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
BADASS...

but I've made QUITE a few DVD cases back in HS, and anyone can do that with some talent.. Mr. OSAMA.. :number1 :hehe j/k

But yea, if thats going to be the case, I think it looks badass :btu

Nice find Osama :tu
***EDIT*** my bad, yea Osama, joo made that I presume. Nice job:D (I noticed it was on you're site, btw, awesome setup on teh site mang)

-Tylor

btw, Pagemaker/PS is all you would need to make a cover like that :D

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Another source saying its may 2k5.

i can make the case, but i believe it, its overdue for a new sequel

greatest ps2 game ever...

I swear dan, if this comes out may, and you dont get it and you dont play online with us sho'ers i will personally ban you.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
5genlude said:
Another source saying its may 2k5.

i can make the case, but i believe it, its overdue for a new sequel

greatest ps2 game ever...

I swear dan, if this comes out may, and you dont get it and you dont play online with us sho'ers i will personally ban you.
Yea, I can't agree anymore with you. SOCOM is the BEST game for PS2 PERIOD. To this DAY, I still play it online nearly 24/7.. :hehe

-Tylor

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
yea i heard about this a while ago, i cant wait to get it, once i get gt4 first hehe. too bad i dont have dsl anymore :cry and taht is so sweet that D plays hubah hubah.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's official!! WOOHOO!!! :clap

Socom III

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
The ability to swim is one of SOCOM III's new ability improvements. You'll also be able to operate vehicles, including humvees, light strike vehicles, technicals, T72 tanks, an SSCR assault boat, and a customized speed boat.
You'll have 31 weapons to choose from and 21 different attachments, making for over a thousand possibilities.
i think matt and i just fell in love, new weapons and ATTATCHMENTS
"WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT AK'S AND AR15'S EQUIPPED WITH NIGHT VISION, SHELL CATCHERS, AND INF. BEAMS!!!"

:ahh :ahh :ahh :ahh :ahh

omg!!! BEST GAME EVER!!>>>>

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
The gunz come out. ;) :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts