Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
Fenderboy54 said:
Hey Guys,
Just got a 96 Civic EX. I was wondering if it's possible to make it into a DOHC with out swapping the whole engine?
lol naw man it doesnt work that way.. sorry

welcome to sho though!! :hug

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I figured as much but I'm trying to squeeze more power out of this D series motor, any suggestions? aside from the intake and exhaust(Already done), and the Turbo(can't Afford).

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Fenderboy54 said:
Thanks for the info guys! I figured as much but I'm trying to squeeze more power out of this D series motor, any suggestions? aside from the intake and exhaust(Already done), and the Turbo(can't Afford).

save your money and wait until you can afford something like a turbo.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nope, u can't swap a DOHC head from a b-series onto a D-series.
Really, the only way to get more power is to turbo it. They are pretty quick when turbo'ed, and with all of the money you would waste on worthless upgrades like pulleys for instance, you should just save it and get a turbo kit. For D-series they can get pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
mberndt said:
Nope, u can't swap a DOHC head from a b-series onto a D-series.
Really, the only way to get more power is to turbo it. They are pretty quick when turbo'ed, and with all of the money you would waste on worthless upgrades like pulleys for instance, you should just save it and get a turbo kit. For D-series they can get pretty cheap.
Wrong, the ZC head will fit... Get you a cheap nitrous kit and you will be fine, better than a turbo kit in price and all, and pretty easy to install yourself...!!!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
My friend has a D Series turbo kit for sale for $400. It aint no turbotechnics, but it will get the job done. Its an internal wastegate which is leaking- not hard to fix.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ginyu6869 said:
Wrong, the ZC head will fit... Get you a cheap nitrous kit and you will be fine, better than a turbo kit in price and all, and pretty easy to install yourself...!!!
WRONG! Since when is the ZC motor a B-series??? :eek

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
ginyu6869 said:
flaming serves no purpose whatsoever.... the zc is a d-series head and the zc head swap is not exactly trivial and due to limited availability of zc head components, you are actually quite limited in what you can do when running the zc head.

So to the original poster. 2 cams doesn't necessarily mean more power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.