Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST CURIOUS, BUT IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS A BASICALLY STOCK SOHC VTEC......... I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT KIND OF TIMES YOUR RUNNING AT THE TRACK!?!?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
JUST CURIOUS, BUT IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS A BASICALLY STOCK CAPS LOCK BUTTON......... I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT KIND OF TIMES YOUR RUNNING AT THE KEYBOARD!?!?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got a 97 civic ex auto. I ran a 17.10 with HKS super dragger exhaust and an AEM cold air intake...Pretty lame huh

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I MIGHT GO NOS OR TURBO, I DON'T KNOW YET. I HAVE CROWER RODS AND SRP PISTONS AT HOME , ALONG WITH OTHER INTERNALS I'M STILL TRYING TO DECIDE

·
Registered
347 Posts
With an axle back, cone style K&N air filter and timing the "95 coupe ran a 16.38 in the quarter

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I saw an early 80s Civic POS run a 14.9. I asked him about it, and he said he transplanted brand spanking new DOHC VTEC engine in it. He wouldn't tell me what size, out of what car or anything. Or what other mods he had.

Real sleeper that car. It literally looked like it was falling apart from the outside. Rust, flaking paint, everything.

·
Registered
435 Posts
kwazi97civic said:
I got a 97 civic ex auto. I ran a 17.10 with HKS super dragger exhaust and an AEM cold air intake...Pretty lame huh
damn thats hella slow-- i geuss i wont even bother w/ tha head swap on my sohc.. ill just save up for a complete GSR swap.. & ill build it... myself...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
kwazi97civic said:
Uh... I think your car is dyin or something.

That seems to be pretty slow... or it might just be cuz you have an auto.

·
Registered
309 Posts
about the mini-me swap...

You have to swap the d16 head onto a 1.6 litre non-vtec block, or can you also slap it on the 1.5?

my friend is sorta interested in swapping the vtec head onto his block, but he's got a DX hatch, so its a 1.5L.

I already have vtec on my ex.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My car dying...The nerve of you all. Naw, I guess it's the auto thing. I take pride in my slow civic, up to date oil changes, tune up's, spark plugs, all that good stuf. That's why I get so discouraged in putting money in car. I was thinking of throwin a Nitrous kit in it when I get home but I dont know, maybe I'll drop a down payment on this Eclipse GSX and call it a day!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
17.1 sounds right for an auto civic with i/e. Was that on stock wheels though or 17's? Also how much did they weigh?. My g'f civic went [email protected] with i/h/muffler and with 17's that weighed 43lbs each with tires.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Eclipse.. NO

Honda.. YES

Auto.. NO

Manual.. YES

when you learn that you'll be better off in life..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, i am a dsm person and honda person. I will take my turbo dsm over any honda, i can get.

Now the 5speed vs auto.. In an auto the times will be more consitant than a 5 speed would. I know the auto won't take the beating 5 speed can, but level 10 makes that a whole different story.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Levelten.com makes torque converters and transmissions for automatic cars. They claim to be bullet proof. Alot of auto mkiv supras use them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts