Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Sohc Vtec again

893 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  d-wreck 
#1 ·
I am still frustrated with how crappy my sohc vtec motor is running and ohh sorry to be non-specific but yeah heres my setup:
5g Motor
5g intake manifold
5g fuel rail
4g distributor
4g ecu
4g injectors
4g B&M fpr set to 50 vacuum hose off
4g o2 sensor

thats basically it...i mean my car should be running way faster than 16.0 even without the ecu...my friend with the same setup except he is using the crx si intake manifold is hitting 15.4

#4 ·
again what i'm wondering is what you have running vtec? it doesn't sound like you wired it up... that would be a major problem if you forgot that one... just food for thought.
i've also heard that the d16z6 likes the obd 1 wiring and that it doesn't run very well without it... sounds like you need to wire up that ecu for the d16z6. peace...

#5 ·
is the motor mechanically sound.
i mean even if vtec wasnt activating, i would think that you would definitely hit 15s with the setup your running.
personally id try decreasing the fuel pressure, checkking the cat and plugs, and pull some spark plugs and see if any of the cylinders arent contributing power.
its just hard to beleve your only pulling that time and nothing fairly major isnt wrong.
also might sound stupid but maybe check your throttle cable and see how loose it is. maybe your only giving the fuckn thing half throttle this whole time and your really suppose to be running 13s.:D

derek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.