Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read signature. nevermind, read first and second posts. thank you! if you are wondering what kinda tires are on there, they are BfG gforce drag radials. oh and it's recently built. probly has about at most 2k miles.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know that it is a bit much but i actually spent around $12000 for the full swap and build, $4500 for the car, $4$$$ for the charger with all accessories (water injection, boost upgrade), and plus cost of the other stuff such as the VAFC, wheels, tires, NOS etc. i'm not too serious about selling it either, i'm just wondering if anybody would go for it. all replies welcome, except for shit talkers.

· Banned
66 Posts
It's not a matter of talking shit. I'm just saying you need to be realistic.

Regardless of how much you put into the car, you can't expect to get it all back. Then there is the whole financing issue. Banks don't take kindly to financing a car for $18,000 that in KBB runs for $6,000. It's a bad investment in their eyes.

You can hardly say i am talking shit because I am not drooling over your "deal".

I'm just stating that if someone had $18,000 to blow on a car, I highly doubt it would be an already modified del Sol. Personally I don't trust cars that someone else has been tinkering with.

I think you would have much better luck on Ebay, or by lowering the price roughly $5,000.

Ask Huff, it's not easy to sell a modified car for anywhere NEAR what you put in it.

This is my opinion, take it as you will. when you post something like this in an open forum, you are going to get replies from both sides of the block.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nevadasol, sorry. now that i read it over it does sound like i am refering to you as the shit talker but i'm not. it was just for future references incase someone did want to talk shit. and electricsheep, i guess your right. money-wise is always the problem when you build a car. by the way, i'm flipping back and forth tryna find a site or something called my KaZaA. anybody know where to find it?

· Registered
56 Posts
when I was into muscle cars, the rule was you only get 50% of the money you put into it. So go from there.

However, there is no accounting for the heart and effort you put into it. Unless you find a kid that loves it as much as you do.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.