Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live around Elk River, MN and last year I bought my Sol in July. I happened to be the only person within several cities that actually had a Sol so I was psyched cause no one else had any. I had one of the most unique cars for miles around. Until now... Since about mid summer this year I've found that guys in Elk River have been buying up del Sols left and right. There are now about a dozen Sol running around here and apparently there's some guy who's copy-cating my car (same altezzas, exhaust, same paint), although I haven't seen him yet... This frankly pisses me off cause I have to work extra hard to create something more drastically unique than anyone else in order to stand out.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have never seen any in my area until i got mine last april. a lot of people never seen one before until i got mine. then i started noticing them. now this girl in the next town over has a white 94 s model. she just got a body kit on it that looks like shit and a ghetto muffler. the kit doesnt even match the color of the rest of her car. it looks like a darker white. i saw a red del sol yesterday that was under construction. i was talkin to the kid for over an hour. he put a 99 civic front end on it. it looks nice but he just has to tweak and paint it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm in MN too, more toward the cities. But yeah, they're coming out of the woodwork! I have two, and right after I bought the second one up in st cloud, about 5 more popped up in my town... Nice thing is, I keep getting offers from people for my first one for double what it's worth!!!

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Blue Sol said:
I live around Elk River, MN and last year I bought my Sol in July. I happened to be the only person within several cities that actually had a Sol so I was psyched cause no one else had any. I had one of the most unique cars for miles around. Until now... Since about mid summer this year I've found that guys in Elk River have been buying up del Sols left and right. There are now about a dozen Sol running around here and apparently there's some guy who's copy-cating my car (same altezzas, exhaust, same paint), although I haven't seen him yet... This frankly pisses me off cause I have to work extra hard to create something more drastically unique than anyone else in order to stand out.

Anyone else have this problem?
You are TRUELY pathetic, man! Why should you care!? Are you
that OBSESSED with your "image"? Why do you want, (your
CAR), to "stand out"? I see dozens of sols in my area almost
every day, (some "pimped", some "stock"), and I still don't
care. MINE will always be the best, in my "mind's eye". And
that's all that matters. Just remember this: until you own
the fastest Ferrari on earth, they'll always be something
better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts