Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a '98 to '00 accord soon. I was going to buy an older mustang but I need something reliable. The thing is I want alittle power out of it but I don't know where to start. I don't want a bowl of rice (no wings, bodykits, light, huge tachs :rolleyes ) I am going to get a new air intake but beyond that I'm lost. Sorry i've never owned a honda or a piston powered car for that matter. lol I had an 88 rx7. I found some accords on autotrader that looked good.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...or3=&color2=&isp=y&engine=&lang=en&cardist=40

Is that a good deal for a 98 accord? If I get one in that price range I'll have some money left over for performance mods. :D

I just found a v6 accord that is in my price range so I'll probably get that instead.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
the same basic principles to make power are used in any motor....rotary or piston. you get more air in w/ more fuel and are able to flow the spent gasses out efficiently, then you gain power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still don't know if I want the 4 cylinder or the v6. How much power would you get out of a turbo 4, what about a turbo v6? :D Also what turbo set up do you reccomend?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
speed_monkey said:
I still don't know if I want the 4 cylinder or the v6. How much power would you get out of a turbo 4, what about a turbo v6? :D Also what turbo set up do you reccomend?

Thanks
Back to basic quesitons again.........run a search and read all over this forum. The answers you seek are out there; and if you ever plan to run turbo, you are off to a bad start...........turbo woes do not suffer well with the lazy.......
I suggest you pull all nighters, and do your reading and homework on this site.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
heh, too bad the government is doing an investigation on why ford's power steering stuff keeps catching fire

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Gosei_Passion said:
think we have ourselves a troll
yes buy a mustang so you can break down in a month
:lol yeah man, mustang's reliabilty is :g . and u get a rep point for making me laugh at mustangs. what size engine is in the AV6? is that the 2.4?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
the 6gen and 7gen av6's have a 3.0L

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
the 6gen and 7gen av6's have a 3.0L
right, i was thinking of the I4. when did they first put a v6 in the accord? and was that the 2.7?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
druuuu said:
right, i was thinking of the I4. when did they first put a v6 in the accord? and was that the 2.7?
Yes, 1996-97 Accords have the V6 2.7L option, was the engine from the old Acura TL or Legend, can't remember

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Hey I never had problems with my 65 mustang, :) but then again they were simple and didn't have smog pumps or cats/etc. lol but anyways I hear the I4 accords are just a hair slower than the v6 accords, and if you get the I4 with the stick it closes the gap even more. So... i would figure the I4 gets better mileage too, but i'm not positive. I have a 99 I4 accord sedan and i love it.

And... TSM_Pikachu, no offense man but I ALWAYS see you throw a flag up for not searching... but if questions aren't ever answered because you say "SEARCH! SEARCH! SEARCH!" then there isn't going to be any good material to search from. Instead of typing all this crap:
TSM_Pikachu said:
Back to basic quesitons again.........run a search and read all over this forum. The answers you seek are out there; and if you ever plan to run turbo, you are off to a bad start...........turbo woes do not suffer well with the lazy.......
I suggest you pull all nighters, and do your reading and homework on this site.
You could have just said "The 4cyls aren't much slower than the av6's, but it's up to you. I4's probably get better mileage though." Then... when the next guy comes along to search on the same subject, the search pulls up THIS thread and the first response if from TSM_Pikachu and he answers the question plain and simple no search this search that bullcrap, am I not right? Sorry I ranted and sorry it was to you TSM, you're not the ONLY person who plays search patrol but I'm just tired of hearing it. I've searched many times before finding nothing but threads with search written all over them, leaving me without an answer. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
krazykloudz said:
Hey I never had problems with my 65 mustang, :) but then again they were simple and didn't have smog pumps or cats/etc. lol but anyways I hear the I4 accords are just a hair slower than the v6 accords, and if you get the I4 with the stick it closes the gap even more. So... i would figure the I4 gets better mileage too, but i'm not positive. I have a 99 I4 accord sedan and i love it.

And... TSM_Pikachu, no offense man but I ALWAYS see you throw a flag up for not searching... but if questions aren't ever answered because you say "SEARCH! SEARCH! SEARCH!" then there isn't going to be any good material to search from. Instead of typing all this crap:You could have just said "The 4cyls aren't much slower than the av6's, but it's up to you. I4's probably get better mileage though." Then... when the next guy comes along to search on the same subject, the search pulls up THIS thread and the first response if from TSM_Pikachu and he answers the question plain and simple no search this search that bullcrap, am I not right? Sorry I ranted and sorry it was to you TSM, you're not the ONLY person who plays search patrol but I'm just tired of hearing it. I've searched many times before finding nothing but threads with search written all over them, leaving me without an answer. Thanks!
SEARCH, OPEN UR EYES.

You dont join a board to fix up your car and maybe learn and then not put any effort into it.
You dont go to school and expect the teacher to do everything for you.
You dont get in your car and jus sit there expecting it to tell you how to start it, at some point you must assume responsibility and put some effort forth and LOOK for answers and not expect everyone to spoon feed.
If someone puts effort into it that I see, I help out, if not, then i will do whatever it takes to make sure you do put some effort into it.
If at that point the person is still a lame ass then mods and other people step in and kick him in the ass.

Oh and by the way I beat the snot out of 5th v6's...........auto tranny slushbox cars.......

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
:bh Ok... let's pretend here:

Lets say you have a question about if a certain chemical wondering if it reacts with oxygen and you don't know shit about chemistry. You don't want to learn about chemistry either, you just want to know the damn answer. Instead of going to the damn library and digging through dusty books and teaching yourself about how atoms work and the periodic table and how chemical reactions work and what oxidation is JUST to see if it reacts with oxygen, you could goto your school and pop your head into the science room ask "hey does anyone off the top of their head know if MYSTERYCHEMICAL reacts with oxygen?" and then someone goes oh yea it's definetly corrosive and it will definetly react with oxygen, then yea it took you hardly any time at all to ask, not to mention the professor that answered it only spent like three f*cking seconds to answer the damn question instead of saying "OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEARCH THE LIBRARY!!!" Yea, if you were interested in learning about chemistry and how all that crap worked, then yea it would be to your benefit to research and find out for yourself, but if the person on SHO is old enough to type the damn question, can't you give them enough credit as to them being smart enough to know if they wanna learn about the question or if they just want the damn answer? Not only is it quicker, but it saves you time from having to go on your soap box rant about searching. The answer in most cases is shorter to type than your rant about searching. Yea, you don't learn about your car by not doing anything yourself but most of these questions are stupid ones that should just be answered. I started memorizing your name TSM when I searched for stuff and saw you on almost every thread as one of the first replies and of course you mentioned searching almost every time, then if i looked past your crap I saw an answer and I was on my way. And after a while I was thinking damn only if TSM didn't add extra b.s. to the threads for me to read so I could just get to the damn answer. See, EVERY THREAD, EVEN THE ONES FROM TODAY, ARE A PART OF THE SEARCH DATABASE. PHP AND MYSQL ARE GODS OF POWER, BUT WITHOUT MATERIAL IN THEM TO SEARCH FROM, SEARCHING BECOMES MUNDANE, and REDUNDANT, and NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE because people always say search instead of answering the question. TSM, next time you call one of your friends to find out a quick question about something you're working on, I hope they answer "HOW ABOUT YOU GO RESEARCH IT YOURSELF I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU" or haha what if you're on Millionaire and you call one of your lifelines and your lifeline says "haha I'm not telling you, you need to learn to use the library."

Jesus was all that necessary just to let you know that sometimes we just need to answer the damn question so we have good material to search from?
:cry

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
i've said it before....if you call search, then you have to post the links to show that the search works.

and with that. this thread is closed. :byye

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.