Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up. Im new to the import and wanted wsome tips.

I own a 2000 civic EX with the d16 SOHC *****H. I recently purchased a holley airmass ceramic coated header, MSD external coil conversion kit. MSD wires, NGK platinum plugs, airaid throttle body spacer, and a AEM short ram intake. I havent recieved any of my parts yet but I was curious to know if this would make much of a difference? I know next step would be better exhaust but i need to find one CA state legal. Any advice on what else I should tackle next?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
two threads are not nessecary.

Just FYI,

MSD external coil conversion kit. MSD wires, NGK platinum plugs, airaid throttle body spacer,

those did abolutley nothing for the performance of the car.

the header and sri.....you prolly gained like 6-8hp and prolly 3-5whp from the mods. an exhaust would bump you up a little.maybe 1-2 hp more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the ignition and throtle body parts help with resonsiveness? I got a MSD 48000 volt coil with it aswell.

Its kind of hard to understand why hotter igition would make no difference at all. I increased the air, spark, and now need to increase fuel.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
mbote131 said:
Will the ignition and throtle body parts help with resonsiveness? I got a MSD 48000 volt coil with it aswell.

Its kind of hard to understand why hotter igition would make no difference at all. I increased the air, spark, and now need to increase fuel.

Thanks.
the spacer is a POS, and if it did anything was mess up the already very good design that honda made. as for the ignition, hotter means nothing unless your making rediculous amount of hp on a n/a setup. and no the billionth of a second that the spark my fire faster amounts to nothing on any level of response. you didn't increase air intake at all. an intake simply removes restriction, not puts more air in. thats the job of the intake stroke of the motor and the intake valve duration. the motor can only suck in as much as those two things allow. and you upgraded neither.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.