Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All is in order in the money life of Yoshi, and I have decided it is time for some engine mods (thats right ladies!!). So the scenario: I have my eyes on Skunk2 Stage 2 camshafts and gears and springs....the whole deal. Now here is the "Problem": I would like to get the internal work done, but I want the most from my engine and I want to take the right steps at the right time. Im wondering if it will be more benefical to get a header first, it will end up costing the same for all the internal work then for the header. The header in my eyes right now is either an SMSP or Hytech. My plans for this motor is to go all motor till i reach over 200whp, then from there sit down and decide what do to next. Im fine with my low end power the Type-R has balls in the low end, but blows balls in the top, so im looking for some higher power. I am also taking into consideration tunning.....lets not forget the important part. So header now and internals later, or internals now and header later.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
my friend made over 200 whp with the stock itr header...he also runs low 12s in an all motor EG =P

i just pulled out my all motor gear, that means my JUN STAGE 3 camshafts are up for sale. my friend with the crx put out 225 on pump gas on his jun stage 3s as well. 12.5-1 comp w/ 84mm roller waves and jun 3's is good for 230+whp

plus i have the jun computer (real deal 1200 dollar unit) that'll plug and play. all you'll need is some valvetrain and you're good to go. =P

hehe /plug

but yeah, up to you, the smsp or hytech exhaust manifold takes forever for them to make. they're great, but for almost 900 dollars i'd get some camshafts that were made for the ITR that you have :tu

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IntegraXTR said:
my friend made over 200 whp with the stock itr header...he also runs low 12s in an all motor EG =P

i just pulled out my all motor gear, that means my JUN STAGE 3 camshafts are up for sale. my friend with the crx put out 225 on pump gas on his jun stage 3s as well. 12.5-1 comp w/ 84mm roller waves and jun 3's is good for 230+whp

plus i have the jun computer (real deal 1200 dollar unit) that'll plug and play. all you'll need is some valvetrain and you're good to go. =P

hehe /plug

but yeah, up to you, the smsp or hytech exhaust manifold takes forever for them to make. they're great, but for almost 900 dollars i'd get some camshafts that were made for the ITR that you have :tu
A friend of mine just got a SMSP header for his ITR for about 1200 and it took 2 weeks to make, but he loves it. But my concern is if its going to hurt my hp for the time of having the internals done and not the header for a bit

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was thinking about that too......*shakes fist and curses the air* curse you Honda and making the ITR so nicely built that everything that gives me power cost over 1,000!!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Wait on the heder. Why? because depending on what you are looking to do internally, the header you want may be different. Both Hytech and SMSP make 1.8L headers and 2.0L headers so keep that in mind.

There is a differnce and if you get one or the other, it will make a difference in parts of your dyno. Then again, it really depends on what it is that you want to do with internal work?

That would help a lot in dertermining what to get now.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys. I just talked on the phone with a friend of mine he gave me some real good advice. I went ahead and got Skunk2 Pro2 camshafts, S2 Pro cams, springs, retainers............should be here next week then going to a dyno shop a couple of hours away (going to trailer her over there.) then having to shut my mouth as my money is sucked away by tuning.......Ill post up the numbers when its all said and done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.