Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to make sure I am going to be doing this correct. So far I bought this.

was planning on doing it in this order using the

NXT carwash
Meguiars quick clay system
NXT Tech Wax

The car has been really dirty and hase not had a full detail in some time so I was thinking it was time for the clay system.

as for drying the car after the wash, I bought the absorber to dry. I bought some microfiber auto cloths to remove the wax.

Am I off to a good start, will be probably buying somre more stuff tommorow :w00t

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I was going to be. I have dark blue black cloth seats and they don't have stains but just seem a bit dirty as does the carpet. I bought Meguiars Carpet and interior cleaner. will be buying some more interior stuff but wanted to know what is a good cleaner where I can spray all over the seats and floor and clean up. I feel the carpet cleaner I have now may be to strong but I am probably wrong.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Do u have tinted windows? I just bought some Eagle One 20/20 Glass Cleaner.. ammonia free.. safe for tint.. worked pretty well. I now wanna find a nice vinyl cleaner.. as far as carpets... i just vacuum them.. they look pretty good after that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No tinted windows yet, but sounds good when I get them. As for the above lineup. Usually you would use a polish before the wax but I was being told if I am going with the NXT wax that this includes the polish so if this is correct using the clay then follow by the NXT wax should be oK.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Oh hell yeah. Anything that can shoot hot water with a detergent and suck it right up is great for your car....well at least one that will remove most the water it layed down.

I have used the ones you can rent, those are quite powerful. They work great, just be sure to get the attachment. My home one is weaker....but still works pretty good. And its free and not overly dirty. Since I clean it somewhat.

I know the one I used muck was coming out of it....Try to get one with low hours.

·
Registered
392 Posts
thanks for the advice Mike...I will certainly look into renting one that has not been used much...my car's carpeting is filthy from all the winter slush and dirt that one drags into the car everytime it snows, rains or both over the last couple of months...plus I can save about 50% of the cost if i do it myself as opposed as to having it done at a car detailing center.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just used Meguiar's Shine X.. i think that's the name, on my integra.. and it gave a nice matte look. Not too shiney.. kinda weird smell tho.. but i got a new air freshener. Smells and looks good. I vacuumed out my car aswell and did the outside. I wonder what to buy next...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.