Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll im new to this suspension thing so i need a little help i need to know what would be the best spring to get? or should i get coil overs. not to sound stupid but what are coil overs? and why are they diff from springs? im rideing a 95 Rs Integra with 16" 40 series tires.. thx for the help

· Registered
12,727 Posts
coilover sleeves have shot springs and adjustable perch/ring on a sleeve about 3-4 inches...you can adjust the thread on the sleeve to raise/lower the car. The negative side of this is the spring has free play...like when you jack up the car you can move the spring up and down with your hand...there is room for "play" springs are always compressed wether it be on the ground or jacked up...they are always pushing the wheel down to the ground. they generally have lower stiffness or spring rates than coilover springs which are very small in size but thick in general.

true coilovers have threaded shock body's and generally longer springs with a helper spring which makes them the most desirable.

my suggestion is to get neuspeed sport or H&R sport(I like the best) if you decide on keeping your stock shocks and need clearence.

if you really want to lower it and get the best handling possible get race springs by neuspeed or H&R....I like these two spring companies the best!

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont really want to lower my car too much prolly 1.5 in the back 1.7 in the front so i think im gonna buy my friends ajustable coilovers he said he paid 200 for them so i dont think there too cheap heh uhhh is there anything else i need??? im trying to have a little lowerd affect and still have a comfortable ride

· Registered
12,727 Posts
WizzKidd said:
i dont really want to lower my car too much prolly 1.5 in the back 1.7 in the front so i think im gonna buy my friends ajustable coilovers he said he paid 200 for them so i dont think there too cheap heh uhhh is there anything else i need??? im trying to have a little lowerd affect and still have a comfortable ride
I think neuspeed sport springs would be the best for you...coilovers ride pretty shitty...I don't think they handle as well as springs on the street as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.