Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be picking this up next week to get back into the turbo sceen. Unfortunately I cant afford to have all my toys. So i had to trade the bike and a few bucks for it. Which im not happy with, but the car is a pretty cool car.

Prev owner went [email protected] on street tires on 13psi. Not too bad for a 3800lb car untuned.

Specs on it:
91 Supra, 5spd, Targa Top
Mods:K&N FPIRK, 3inch exhaust, 3inch HKS DP, HKS Metal HG,Lexus AFM Some nice Stewart Warner gauges, but im not fond of the faces. F&F. lol.

But here are some pics the owner took previously. Ill take some more pics when i pick it up since these arent the best

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
so you did decide to get an older supra, that's sick man. Try and keep urself out of debt this time pete ;)

good luck with the car :tu

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I cant afford a newer one. Woulda been nice, but now that i bought the house and the wedding coming up I just cant do it anymore like i did. I eventually will build this thing balls to the wall, but it will be a while. The car can be a really cool car, but its heavy as hell. Handling is pretty goood though and the power and tq is there. Powerband is totally diff though. But anything that can match or make more tq then hp is good in my book.
Plus RWD makes me tingle. I hate FWD cars. I miss driving my 240 and wanted another RWD, that poor thing has been sitting for almost a year. lol. i gave up on that a long time ago. I ripped it around the block not too long ago, but too much rust made me give up on that idea.

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
i've been trying to find a 91ish 240 for cheap to do an SR20 swap, the parts and everything is so much cheaper, i'm tired of hitting boost and doing nothing but spinning my ass off lol

good luck with the weddings and congrats :)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine is an 89 fast backm , but its a bucket. takes a beating and keep running though. too many people building them though

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Im glad ur finally gonna be back in the FI scene again. I love 7M's ......my cousin has one with a T78, that car is fast as fuck but it loves to go sideways as with any Supra with some serious power. I plan on buying an MKIV supra turbo in the near future when im tired of my honda, its always been my dream. Good luck with everything Pete!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the kind words guys. I also want an MKIV, but 2 things hold me back right now. Money and the fact that they are almost getting played out like Hondas IMHO. Too many done, and done with the same mods. I dont think i have ever seen a nice MK3 done up in person. Esp not around my areas. Up in NJ and NY im sure they are around, but dont come out much. Its been reported these things can handle 700hp on stock bottom ends. Ive seen high 500's for sure. Not bad.

·
Registered
148 Posts
umm i think gas mileage is gonna own you. I use to own a 89 supra, NON-TURBO, and i barely get 15 miles per gallon. its a freakin gas guzzler. Oh and before gas prices went up, put in 91 octane, then gas started rising and i was too broke to afford 91 octane at every gas stop so i put in 89 octane, and the damn supra fell apart on me. but i liked the seats.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i drive a truck as a daily driver. and my integra had not the greatest gas mileage either. Im not that worried. I got it as a toy. Im used to $40 fill ups every week though as it is.

I run 94 Sunoco everyday in turbo cars. I settle for nothing less. Might as well be safe and spend $25 at fillups, rather than not safe and spending $23 every fill up by saving a few cents a gallon.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the link. ive been looking at as much info i can find as i find it

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
That's not overbored is it? My buddy has one just like it .... a guy named Kunal?
I think he's selling it cause he got a C5...small world if that's his

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no its a guy that is local to me. motor itself is stock.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
that thing will scream so easily. is it gonna be a track car or a weekend cruiser, cuz if its just gonna be a track car you can strip it and lose some weight. i love all supras they are all beasts(well maybe not n/a supra's). but good luck with the car and we all hope to see some crazy numbers in the future

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will only build street cars. The car will be driven on the street as a toy, deff not my primary transportation. But yes it will get tracked at pretty much every east coast even i have time to get to.
IMO, i wouldnt get enuff from a car i can only enjoy 8-9 secs at a time. i need something i can drive and have fun with.

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
itr206 said:
I will only build street cars. The car will be driven on the street as a toy, deff not my primary transportation. But yes it will get tracked at pretty much every east coast even i have time to get to.
IMO, i wouldnt get enuff from a car i can only enjoy 8-9 secs at a time. i need something i can drive and have fun with.
the only way to be, a cars ment to be driven (the harder the better for me), not trailored around and driven for a few minutes. It works for race teams but not myself

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
exactly. if I ever did build a track only car, i would deff have a toy for a street car too. I would go nuts without something.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
the only thing i dont like about that generation of supra is i can never find wheels that look mean on them, what are you plannin on wheel wise

1 - 20 of 42 Posts