Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

a lot was changed basicly there was more molding
and a fish tank where the cap was and 3 caps on the other side that u cant see--- can't wait till start again hen its warm out

·
Registered
650 Posts
That's a nice trunk set-up...but some quick questions...

where did you mount your amps??
what did you use for the cover peices?? MDF??
how hard was it to cut the cover peices to fit the contours of the trunk??
Dumb Q: do you still have a spare??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks nice and clean

what web host u using?

·
Registered
176 Posts
APOCALYPSE:

I have my own website given to me by the school I go to.

MikeKid:

1. My Amp is mounted underneath the red and black vinyl.
2. I'm not sure what you mean by cover pieces, but the whole thing is made from plywood, and it's wrapped in vinyl.
3. The pieces weren't too incredibly difficult to cut. The tool that was used is made out of a shapeable plastic, and it's about a foot long. You bend it to the contours of the interior, then use that as a template to cut. Took some time, but in the end it fit perfect. So perfect actually, that none of what's touching the interior panels are held in by any screws. Everything can be pulled out and then set right back into place.
4. No spare anymore, although the compartment for it is empty at the moment. I plan on mounting my compressors and a resevoir tank for my cylinder air ride setup this summer in all the empty space under the vinyl.

Hope that answered your questions...drop by my website to see more pics of the interior.

·
Registered
329 Posts
APOCALYPSE said:

a lot was changed basicly there was more molding
and a fish tank where the cap was and 3 caps on the other side that u cant see--- can't wait till start again hen its warm out
I like that alot. I know hwat you are talking about with the cold.. I can't work on my car when it's cold it get under my skin and I start making mistakes, I'm still in the middle of my install.. it's taken me since November..not cause I'm slow but because I can't get a chance to work on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: some pics of my trunk in the making

dohctor said:

I like that alot. I know hwat you are talking about with the cold.. I can't work on my car when it's cold it get under my skin and I start making mistakes, I'm still in the middle of my install.. it's taken me since November..not cause I'm slow but because I can't get a chance to work on it.
we just have a problem not working in the cold although it sucks
but the fiber glass wont harden in the cold

·
Registered
176 Posts
FangzGSR said:

You bet it is!
Oops, forgot to mention...it's there so I have easy access to it. You never know when someone's going to pull up next to you and I gotta crack the bottle on the fly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not really, because the tank and amp are in two separate compartments under the vinyl.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LjN_2000 said:
aren't u afraid that the heat from the amps and ish might cause the can to pop?
if im not mistaken, the nitrous that is used for cars is nonflameable

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think you're right on that one. N20 acts as an oxidizing agent, so by itself it's pretty stable. Otherwise, people would spray pure Oxygem into their engines, which is not stable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts