Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading through Modified mag and saw this:

leave it to MAHLE to create a true drop-in, forged race ready piston for the honda h22 engine block. you know the problem. reinforced matrix cylinder bores always required sleeving the block first. well welcome to easy street. MAHLE's propriety skirt coating (notice the gold skirt) allows the piston to work perfectly without sleeving the block. developed as a piston assembly kit, each goldseries powerpak comes with 22mm wrist pins and round wire locks.

jsut wanted to hear what you guys had to say about this. If these really do work i may build my bottom end with my head.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shibby H22A said:
3,000? for what? if those pistons ruins the sleeves, all you just do is resleeve it ;)

so... whos gonna be the first to test it out.

i'd really like to do it....but i wanna see other people before me :lmao

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
defajardo said:
i just saw them advertised on the D Sport mag

If jun can make em.... I guess it is possible for mahle to make something similar.... similar as far are forged piston being h22 friendly. :clap
i didnt know JUN made a piston where you didnt have to sleeve the block :confused , can anyone back that statement up?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
98Vtec said:
i'd really like to do it....but i wanna see other people before me :lmao
lmao yeah im sure that skunk2 manifold ruined your "ill be the guinnea pig" attitude :hehe

this is interesting news.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shibby H22A said:
did i miss out something about the skunk2 mainfold? sounds like 98vtec didnt enjoy it?
well i was one of the first people (between a couple forums) to get this installed on my car....i was a ginuea pig and i never could get it to run right...so i sold it.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
1sikh22 said:
If I remember correctly the they have a 12.3-1 CR. Thats a lot of compression. And they were like $1700.
Yeah, the JUN pistons bump compression up to just around 12.3:1, give or take a tenth. And they may cost more than other pistons, but they save you almost $1k in sleeving labor. Combine those pistons with a slightly thicker head gasket, and you've got a very streetable compression ratio in the high 11's :number1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.