Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. After watching Tokyo Drift I'm into cars again. So i realized i need some mods for my car. So I need to drop it which is important for me right now, it looks like a girl's car right now. But i have a choise between 50mm or 20mm springs. How much should i drop? I mean i feel that 20 just isnt enough, but 50mm would cause some problems. I have pretty small rims right now, 15" but would 50mm make the wheels hit the fenders? And what would happen to the camber angles and stuff like that? So i need some suggestions on that. Then my next problem, i don't want a body kit since i think it will look a bit "ricy" on my car, therefore I'm thinking of just getting the stock "skirts" on my car painted red, as this will make the car in itself look a bit lower, but is it possible to remove them so i can get them painted? My third question is about the size of the exhasut. I have a stock ESi exhaust, and i want a new muffler, but what size should the intake to the muffler be? The fourth and last question is, whats the best way to remove the yellow bulb in the front indicator? Well i really hope you guys can answer these questions. I'm indeed sorry if there have been previous disscusions on these topics before, but i guess it wont be too hard to answer these "silly" questions again. I hope you guys can help me out, I'm getting my license soon and i want a decent looking car for that day. Thank you

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
side skirts are easy to remove, just remove the bolst in on each side and the clips underneath. then just hit it to one side and it will fall off.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
*sigh*
dont get into cars because you saw a ricer movie, you have to be dedicated, i can just see 3 months from now your gunna be like "yo fast and furious isnt cool anymore, im gunna sell my car"

second, it would be helpful to know what kind of car you got

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i would hope he has a del sol since he is in the forum. i agree with you there and say he shouldnt do things to his car if he watched a movie.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
domscivic said:
*sigh*
dont get into cars because you saw a ricer movie, you have to be dedicated, i can just see 3 months from now your gunna be like "yo fast and furious isnt cool anymore, im gunna sell my car"

second, it would be helpful to know what kind of car you got
:lol2 :lmao

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive had my car for over a yea thank you very much, and i have been intrested in cars since i was like two. And ive been working as a mecahnic etc, dont worry it wasnt the F&F that got me intrested, it just sparked my intrested again since i have alot of other stuff going on right now, mainly my boat. It's just ive been pissed off about the car since this guy tricked me into buying rims that i never got. And by the way, whats the problem if ppl get intrested by a movie, thats just kinda silly really! Oh well, so what about my suspension, how much should i drop it, 20 or 50?

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Goosty said:
Ive had my car for over a yea thank you very much, and i have been intrested in cars since i was like two. And ive been working as a mecahnic etc, dont worry it wasnt the F&F that got me intrested, it just sparked my intrested again since i have alot of other stuff going on right now, mainly my boat. It's just ive been pissed off about the car since this guy tricked me into buying rims that i never got. And by the way, whats the problem if ppl get intrested by a movie, thats just kinda silly really! Oh well, so what about my suspension, how much should i drop it, 20 or 50?
The problem is the fast and the furious is a ridiculous representation of the real race scene and isn't accurate. It's just a movie that makes a bunch of dumb ass 16 year olds want to get ricer cars and drive fast.\

Anyways, which del Sol do you have?

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
91Vtec said:
i would hope he has a del sol since he is in the forum.
blackdelsol94 said:
The problem is the fast and the furious is a ridiculous representation of the real race scene and isn't accurate. It's just a movie that makes a bunch of dumb ass 16 year olds want to get ricer cars and drive fast.\

thats what i was gettin at

and blackdelsol94, i completly agree with everything in your comment

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
blackdelsol94 said:

I agree...I hate imagining how much money they must have made off the first two movies :idiots

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Dude its your choice, if you want it low go for the lower ones if you want somewhat low so that could have clearance then choose the other one. Its up to you which you like.

·
Registered
406 Posts
personal preference, do it up :number1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.