Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it bad if you use the vtec alot on ur car, can someone explain exactly what the car is doing when it is using the vtec

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
duhh

when you title it vtec it comes up in stars, dont you think i would know how to spell vtec i mean it says rite on the head of my engine.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
if u spell it wrong it has stars on it.

*****, vvtec, vetec, vtec.

·
Registered
286 Posts
...and you have an h22 swap? did you inherit the car?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It's not bad to use VTEC alot...Honda's were made that way for a reason. They can handle it. Just make sure you maintain things and do your oil changes on time etc. and you should be golden.

·
Registered
665 Posts
jesus christ. is that a red civic with an h22? who allowed that? yo basically, vtec is at 5300rpm and the hi cams drop in to handle more power and torque. i pound vtec all the time and ive never had a problem with my prelude, ever. do ur oil changes on time, make sure ALL your matniance is kept up to date. and get rid of those head lights. i assume u have clearouts as well, get rid of those while ur at it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
vtec!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I love when my VVtec kicks in!!!!!! Everything passes by so fast like im goin warp speed in the millinium falcon in star wars. VVTECCCCCCCCCCC!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
ganjgremlin said:
jesus christ. is that a red civic with an h22? who allowed that? yo basically, vtec is at 5300rpm and the hi cams drop in to handle more power and torque. i pound vtec all the time and ive never had a problem with my prelude, ever. do ur oil changes on time, make sure ALL your matniance is kept up to date. and get rid of those head lights. i assume u have clearouts as well, get rid of those while ur at it.
and the mustache :number1 :hehe

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
vtec is like NOS. When u hit it everything turns into a blur and i'm pushed back into my seat.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
i wonder what would happen if u hit nos and vtec at the same time? Could the tires handle it or would they explode from cumbustion?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
97lude said:
i wonder what would happen if u hit nos and vtec at the same time? Could the tires handle it or would they explode from cumbustion?
no I think your car would just take off and start flying. I saw it happen to a Supra one time I think. Hopefully one day my car will be that fast.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
VtecPMP said:
no I think your car would just take off and start flying. I saw it happen to a Supra one time I think. Hopefully one day my car will be that fast.
supra's don't have vvetec stupid.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
that u are. I redline every shift so i can hear my vtec scream. The girls seem to like it.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
97lude said:
that u are. I redline every shift so i can hear my vtec scream. The girls seem to like it.
I like to hit vtec in the parking lots, nothing beats that. One time a girl told me the sound of my Vtec made her wet.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts